How was it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was it?

For those haunts who opened this past weekend, I am dying to know how were your numbers were compared to last year? Michigan had bad weather Saturday and Sunday and I've heard from a couple haunts that numbers were way down. So, how about the rest of the country?

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

We opened nothing great but not bad either... probably around 1,500 for the weekend. We didn't do much advertisement. I have to be careful this year because our attendance has dropped three years straight because of the Cardinals. If the Cardinals who basically already won their division again get to the World Series we are simply doomed. No one in St Louis cares about anything but baseball ... if the Cardinals are out of the playoffs we can do well if they are in the media only focuses on baseball, the people around here only baseball, its a town that bleeds red but not blood red. LOL

So hopefully we do well this year despite the Cardinals success.

There is another haunt opening some what close by and I really feel sorry for those guys... starting from scratch needing to recoup all that money, and then the Cards get into the World Series again OUCH!

It hurts it hurts bad if the Cardinals make a deep run. We have trimmed back this year because of the Cardinals so I'm not expecting a great year but I'm hopeful. I'll keep you posted.

Other than that we did a promotion with Annabelle Movie, we got some press, and we did okay and people loved it... so far I'm happy.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I hear ya Larry!

Numbers in Michigan have dropped the last few years with the Tigers making it to the playoffs. Many predict them to go all the way this year which doesn't fair well for Michigan haunts I'm afraid! It really sucks because of course you want your team to do well, but on the other hand your wishing they miss the post season all together. I have felt like a trader the last several years! lol

Howie
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I agree with you man... Detroit Tigers have a really good pitching staff so it will be tough. Detroit has a very loyal fan base without a doubt so yeah I hear you. Detroit is ranked in the top 10 best fans in baseball but no matter what list you look at St Louis is ranked #1. You don't even realize the damage they cause... i talk to the Halloween stores and they might as well close.

Its bad here... I am right there with you I feel like a bad fan because I want them to win but I need them to lose.

Over the last three years the St Louis Cardinals have played more home games than any team in baseball has played TOTAL playoff games. Yeah tell me about it.

We had to do a total re-theme to Lemp because its sunk to the point it loses money. This market just can't really support three haunts its never really worked for us but we are going to try and different approach to Lemp I'll let you know how it turns out.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Both my local teams won their division already in the same day an hour apart from one another. Really nervous about this year. Go Detroit for a first round sweep!

Allan
          Last edited by MDKing; 09-22-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Yeah Tigers

Howie you should be ashamed of yourself! But I secretly hope Tigers choke and choke early too.

Our haunt was not open. Two weeks ago at maze open we were right there in our 5 year avg. but behind last year. This last weekend "strong thunderstorms" in forecast since midweek kept people away friday even. Then we got almost 2" of rain Sat & Sun.
            Wicked Farmer

Comment

Allen I hope you don't hate me but I'm cheering for anyone but the Cardinals which includes both Baltimore and Washington. LOL

How about Dodgers vs Angles? We also have the possibility of St Louis vs. Kansas City, Oakland vs San Francisco its an odd year.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Allen I hope you don't hate me but I'm cheering for anyone but the Cardinals which includes both Baltimore and Washington. LOL

How about Dodgers vs Angles? We also have the possibility of St Louis vs. Kansas City, Oakland vs San Francisco its an odd year.

Larry

For or saying that, I do, I do hate you...

Go Cards! Lol

Comment

Hey your worst nightmare will be a Baltimore Washington WS... you might as well close down your business until its over. LOL

Go Cards... hmmm okay how about this jackass!

Go Nationals!!!!! GO Orioles!!!!!!! That is twice as bad bro... I was ONLY going to cheer for the Nationals but now I'm adding the Orioles.

LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

So how did everyone do LAST NIGHT ... I can say my downtown haunts did HORRIBLE! Creepyworld was okay. We've had so many bad years in row here I'm just throwing it out there be on the look out... if its bad again I'm moving to a new city! LOL

No I'm serious I'm going to set up a haunt in a new city! Seriously!

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

As far as dealing with a major event like your ball teams doing good, all I can say is "Welcome to my world!"
                      I'm in Vegas and we have a MAJOR event EVERY weekend in October. It finally starts to cool, ( hopefully had our last 100 degree day on Thursday!) so there are outdoor festivals and events every weekend to take advantage. MGM just utilized a huge emtpy lot on the Strip and are now doing outdoor events there, large outdoor concert tonight. Downtown just installed a large outdoor events center and are now booking events...

I feel your pain, but this was I have put up with for 16 years!!! Yes I realize that you will get people that normally aren't fans support teams in a playoff run, but if they have been consistent, you loose the fair weather fans who are sick of baseball by this time and will look for ANYTHING else to do. I have a VARIETY of major events EVERY weekend! Let's not even talk about the media clutter!

Like Larry...sometimes I just want to move....but then again it IS Vegas!!
                      R&J Productions
                      Las Vegas, NV
                      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We didn't do very well, but it was comparable to last year's opening night. It was really, really nice out. It was 80s during the day and 70s at night. I don't think a lot of people were looking to go to a haunted house because of it. However, since it was the first night, it gave us a good run through of problems that could be fixed easier than with a huge line of people waiting.

Comment

remyghost,

Where is your haunt located?

Howie "Slobber" Erlich

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Slobber Erlich View Post
                            remyghost,

Where is your haunt located?

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                            Central Illinois.

Comment

Playoffs are NOW set...

St Louis playing this Friday and Saturday (THANK CARDINALS).

St Louis vs Dodgers
                              San Fran vs Washington

Baltimore vs Detroit
                              LA Angles vs Kansas City

Hey everyone let me know how you guys do this upcoming weekend.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X