Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Halloween Season Reports

Couple things...

Hauntworld by itself attracted over 400,000 visitors last week and with our other sites combined we attracted over 500,000 visits. We are helping haunted houses find customers as they prefer to use a directory like Expedia rather than one single website... we are doing our job! Hauntworld hit over 60,000 in one day this past week we are on the climb.

Hauntworld is up to 23,047 most popular website on the web right now... that is up triple this time last year. We are hoping to hit top 10,000 ... our closes competition some would say is HH.com LOL they are ranked like 150,000 something.

This is seriously your last chance get a banner or featured listing now... I'm getting tons and tons of phone calls, emails from people asking where is my profile why isn't it showing up. Its still there and you can update it ... however all non-paid listings are on page 3 now and its hard to find page 3. Your profiles can still be found on the site and on search engines just won't get nearly the traffic. Hauntworld now takes thousands upon thousands of dollars to upkeep and there is a ton of people who work on the site daily to keep it up and running. That mean we need revenue to do that... so your support is appreciated.

In October Hauntworld will do as many as 300,000 visits in one day... people looking for haunted houses. Contact Patti blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net and get your haunt on the site.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hauntworld has risen... now up to 22,000 most popular website and we've done exactly 1 million visitors over the last 30 days! I have been trying to learn about digital marketing and its complicated to say the least... a digital marketing firm wanted me to give them like 20,000 bucks to manage a program and I was like your crazy right? Right?

Here is what I learned for sure... Hauntworld is the best digital marketing program on the web currently because of the price its priced too low! I would say its undervalued by about 8 times what the going rate is for other forms of digital marketing. Call Patti today.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Last 30 Days Hauntworld has had 1,600,000 visitors.

It will end up in the ball park of around 2,000,000 ... and FYI on a global ranking Hauntworld is 558,660 websites HIGHER than HH.com. So for those who bought that site and not Hauntworld you can clearly see that was a HUGE mistake. HUGE mistake! Can I say HUGE one more time. LOL

Larry
      FireShot Screen Capture #003 - 'Alexa Internet - Site Comparisons' - www_alexa_com_comparison_ha.jpg
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Hauntworld sites with your banners and your profiles has attracted 1.7 MILLION visitors over the past 30 days.. we are now getting closer to 100,000 per day. Once we get into October we'll push as high as 300,000 per day.

Still time to get your haunted house listed. Call us today. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

just found out

I just found out that our regular listing isn't part of the fee that we pay for the top banner. Not a happy camper, Larry.
          Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
          Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Yeah and not for nothing, it's very market specific.

When I do my advertising, I act like a customer, I want to know of all the attractions near me so I type in "haunted houses near me" and "haunted houses in ct" and I advertise with the top results.

What is surprising is that hauntworld isn't the top, but it's the most expensive advertising for online marketing. Although when grouped nationally with clicks coming from all over the country, ofcourse you're going to be getting millions of clicks and visits but those million plus people aren't looking for me, they're looking for Joe Schmo on the west coast and I'm in the east, those million plus people won't see my page, and my ROI will be either really low or not at all, whereas $300 on a local page has garnered me more views and clicks and actual customers than the $1000+ I would be spending to be on hauntworld.

Now don't get me wrong, I love and admire the fact you were able to brand yourself so well on a national level, but the cost versus benefit on a local level just isn't there in my specific marketplace so I can't justify the cost of advertising when I can receive more effective marketing for 30% of the cost.

Comment

Very well said Scream.
              But I would venture a guess your post will be gone in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 ...

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post

When I do my advertising, I act like a customer, I want to know of all the attractions near me so I type in "haunted houses near me" and "haunted houses in ct" and I advertise with the top results.

What is surprising is that hauntworld isn't the top, but it's the most expensive advertising for online marketing. Although when grouped nationally with clicks coming from all over the country, ofcourse you're going to be getting millions of clicks and visits but those million plus people aren't looking for me, they're looking for Joe Schmo on the west coast and I'm in the east, those million plus people won't see my page, and my ROI will be either really low or not at all, whereas $300 on a local page has garnered me more views and clicks and actual customers than the $1000+ I would be spending to be on hauntworld.

Now don't get me wrong, I love and admire the fact you were able to brand yourself so well on a national level, but the cost versus benefit on a local level just isn't there in my specific marketplace so I can't justify the cost of advertising when I can receive more effective marketing for 30% of the cost.
              http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Couple things... Brett you need to call Patti. I don't sell the marketing Patti does so call her 314 629-3940

Karl... no if someone has a legit concern about our site and what we do we are not going to delete anything. So your comments are wrong. We'll address the questions and concerns.

Scream you said the following below which I will address right now...

I TOTALLY DON'T AGREE WITH YOU AND I WOULD QUESTION WHAT YOU REALLY KNOW ABOUT OUR SITE, OUR STATS, AND WHAT IF ANYTHING YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT DIGITAL MARKETING. LET ME JUST SAY I'VE SPENT A LOT OF TIME LEARNING ABOUT DIGITAL MARKETING AND HAUNTWORLD IS NOT ONLY THE CHEAPEST BUT ITS SO UNDER PRICED I SHOULD SHOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT. IF I SOLD THIS SITE TO ANOTHER COMPANY THE PRICES WOULD TRIPLE AND PEOPLE WOULD PAY IT... YOU CAN MARKET YOUR BUSINESS DIGITALLY ON SAY XBOX ($25,000 MINIMUM) OR SPOTFY (I KNOW I SPELLED THAT WRONG BUT AGAINST ANOTHER $25,000 MINIMUM). YOU CAN SPEND THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON FACEBOOK AND SEE FEW IF ANY CLICKS BACK TO YOUR SITE... HAUNTWORLD WORKS. AND JUST FYI THE MASS MAJORITY OF OUR TRAFFIC IS FROM THE MIDWEST TO THE EAST COAST NOT WEST COAST TO THE MIDWEST SO YOU ARE WRONG AGAIN.

AGAIN YOU REALLY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... I BELIEVE IN FACTS AND YOUR FACTS ARE JUST WRONG. I CAN SHOW YOU FACTS, I CAN SHOW YOU FIGURES, AND I CAN SHOW YOU RESULTS. I HAVE SAID 1000 TIMES PEOPLE NEED TO INVEST IN GOOD ANALYTIC PROGRAMS BECAUSE JUST SO YOU KNOW GOOGLE DOESN'T WORK VERY WELL... WITH THAT BEING SAID WHENEVER YOU DO DIGITAL MARKETING YOU SHOULD TRACK IT AND LEARN FROM IT. I HAVE THE BEST ANALYTIC PROGRAM MONEY CAN BUY AND HAUNTWORLD SENT ME OVER 20,000 HITS LAST YEAR. WE HAVE CUSTOMERS WHO SAID WE SENT THEM OVER 30,000 CLICKS... ALMOST EVERY CUSTOMERS WE TALKED TO LAST YEAR SAID HAUNTWORLD WAS THEIR #1 REFERRAL WEBSITE AFTER GOOGLE MEANING AHEAD OF EVEN YAHOO.

LOOK I COULD GET 30 BIG HAUNTERS TO COME ON HERE AND TELL YOU HOW AWESOME WE DID LAST YEAR FOR THEIR BUSINESS AND THOSE GUYS MAKE MONEY... THE HAUNTS WHO CONTINUE TO RELY ON FACEBOOK POSTS, OR TWITTER POSTS, OR JUST PUTTING FLYERS ON SOME CARS IN A PARKING LOT WILL ALWAYS STRUGGLE TO MAKE MONEY.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS JUMP ON IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT... HAUNTWORLD WORKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING OUT THERE BASED ON THE PRICE YOU PAY AND WHAT YOU GET BACK IN RETURN.

I HAVE THE FACTS TO BACK UP EVERY SINGLE THING I'M SAYING... GUYS LIKE KARL WHO DON'T BUY A BANNER OR OTHER FORMS OF DIGITAL MARKETING CHOOSE TO TRY AND GET BY AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE WILL NEVER REALIZE THE FULL POTENTIAL OF HOW GREAT THEIR BUSINESS CAN ACTUALLY BE... RISKS EQUAL REWARD WITHOUT GOING FOR IT YOU'LL NEVER TRULY EXPERIENCE ULTIMATE SUCCESS.

LARRY
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Scream ... you also need to use a keyword tool that helps you find the best most used keywords. I've actually never once seen that keyword ever pop up... 'haunted houses near me'. There are probably 200 or so keyword phrases people use to find a haunted house and that is not one of the most popular. So when you are trying to figure out what to tackle you need to learn what are the most popular keywords to find your haunted house.

Listen and its NOT bragging but I think I know a thing or two about SEO and let me just say that Scarefest.com last year attracted about 500,000 visits between August 1 and Mid-November. I only know of maybe 4 other haunt sites doing those numbers... Bates Motel, Netherworld, Headless Horseman.

I know the keywords I need to target and I'm afraid 'haunted houses near me' just isn't one of them.

You should broaden your keyword search to the most popular phrases ... someone might type in scariest haunted houses in your city name no state, they might type of city then something like ultimate, or they might even call it a halloween haunted house because that is VERY popular keyprhase.

I hope this post helps you understand it a bit better ... so lastly let me say if Hauntworld relied on one term like 'haunted houses near me' then well we wouldn't get much traffic at all now would we?

Lucky for us you'll find Hauntworld in the top 10 in most cases multiple times for multiple different keywords.

Right now Hauntworld is up to 21,000 most popular website in America and is now clipping over 100,000 visits per day ... people are visiting the site LOOKING FOR HAUNTED HOUSES!

We have pumpkin patches with 16,000 views on a profile, we have haunted houses with over 101,000 views and several more over 50,000. Trust me Hauntworld works you just need to talk to someone who actually bought banners in your state or near you to realize that.

Lastly if you'd like feel free to call me and I'll get you facts and figures and we'll try to help your business as best we can... 314 504 3970.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

As you can see with an updated chart Hauntworld keeps rising while HH.com dips... I even this time put in Halloween.com to show you just how huge Hauntworld.com has become.

Larry

chart 10214.jpg
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Cheap? Are you kidding me? We are close to $100K in advertising this year.
                      I don't buy banners on HW any longer nor did I renew the featured haunt. Why? Not because i'm cheap, it's because I don't think, and you couldn't show me otherwise, that we were getting hits from potential customers from our area. Some smuck in FL looking for a pirate haunts isn't what I wanted nor a bunch of other haunters clicking our link.
                      Arrogant maybe, but not cheap.

Comment

Karl,

You simply don't have a clue you are just making this stuff up... someone from Florida clicking on your banner that is just non-sense. We'll have to agree to disagree. If you are spending 100k on marketing and you can't even upgrade your listing to the first page that is a gross mistake. Again agree to disagree. Hauntworld is what is CHEAP too CHEAP!

LOL

So while on the subject I went ahead and checked my stats for my haunted house and this is what I see... ONLY GOOGLE has sent me more traffic. Just saying... the proof is in the pudding Karl. The old saying is sometimes you can't lead thirsty people to water, and in this case you can't lead old thinkers to today's reality. Marketing is changing and we are not getting the same results with old traditional marketing its just a fact. I'm going to bet within 5 years most marketing will be digitally based ONLY. Its already happening. You either learn it accept it and implement it or you will fall behind. I will admit I'm learning but I'm learning quickly.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

I'm almost done with this, but really, I don't have a clue? Please tell me what percentage of your Darkness HauntWorld hits came from the Midwest.

Comment

Karl,

Yes you don't have a clue because I know everything you are saying is wrong because unlike you I actually have great analytic that cover my entire server. I know where my traffic comes from and how I get traffic. Additionally Karl probably unlike you I sell about 40% now of all my tickets ONLINE! When you are pushing 50% of all tickets sold ONLINE you can also track your business there as well... for example nearly 10% of all my tickets sold last year came from a state other than Missouri or Illinois. How could that be Karl?

Let me think it thru for a second... hmmmm!

Well Karl another one of my marketing features is marketing thru hotels you know visitors people staying in town maybe on business it happens you know... do you think there is anyone visiting your area from out of town? Do you want them to buy a ticket or say screw that I'm not from around here?

Hauntworld very much like Hotels.com or Priceline.com can help ANYONE find something ... keep in mind people use those sites because they are TRAVELING !!! DUH? LOL!!!

So yeah I'm sure you got some hits from another part of the country because they are TRAVELING TO OUR AREA!!!!!!!!

Again slightly less less than 10% of my ticket sold was states like Iowa, Texas, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.

But to say the majority of the traffic you got was from some haunter in Florida is ridiculous... you really are just playing a guessing game Karl.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I'd like to offer some opinions here. We have used Hauntworld the last 2 seasons and as Larry stated it has been our second biggest source of traffic. We track thru google our guests right to the buy ticket button and it works. We sold tickets and based on the amount we spent on the marketing we profited some 18X our money. We are frugal spenders so we analyze everything and felt we made a great buy there. We are trying some new digital marketing this season I'll report back how it does after the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X