2 Different Hayride Accidents - 1 Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Different Hayride Accidents - 1 Death

Last night there was two different accidents in two different cities that resulted in deaths. One an actor fell down and a bus for zombie paintball ran over him and killed him. http://www.emirates247.com/news/biza...10-12-1.565909

And another a hayride flipped over and 15 people went to the hospital. http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/11/us/mai...l?c=homepage-t
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Now two deaths... and as I assumed the hayride that flipped was driving on a hill. Hayrides shouldn't drive up and down hills... we've seen this cause multiple accidents.

Tragic news.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
      Now two deaths... and as I assumed the hayride that flipped was driving on a hill. Hayrides shouldn't drive up and down hills... we've seen this cause multiple accidents.

Tragic news.

Larry
      I was shocked that they were on a hill. Every hayride I've ever seen was on pretty flat, stable ground. Going up and down hills is dangerous enough in a regular vehicle. I don't see how you could think a Jeep would pull a big trailer up and down them without running into problems.

Now hayrides will be inspected and held to the same standard as carnival rides, which will take all the fun out of them. Way to go, idiots.

Comment

Ummm..... hayrides SHOULD be inspected and held to the same standards as carnival rides. Saying anything difference implies the possibility for cut corners, and in these two stories, severe injury
        Shawn
        Fear Engineer
        HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Busses are the way to go in any terrain....

stew

Comment

In New England we're all on one big hill.

Comment

They were using a 1977 model jeep. A big no no, not heavy enough to hold the load or enough pulling power. We run up and down a hill but use 60 horse power tractors that way over 8500 lbs . Everyone thinks it's easy to run a hayride and usually do not have the $$$ to invest to run it properly and use a 1977 jeep rather than buying or renting the right equipment. !!! Incidents like this are bad for everyone in the business and I think could have been prevented.

Comment

True Horror

Its hard to see these things happen but in reality all this could of been avoided if safety was a key issue its thing like this that make's it harder for someone to start a haunt business. More rules to your haunts and more precautions.
                Its Not The Dead You Should Fear But The Living..

Comment

trailer brakes might of helped.

Comment

Originally posted by shawng View Post
                    Ummm..... hayrides SHOULD be inspected and held to the same standards as carnival rides. Saying anything difference implies the possibility for cut corners, and in these two stories, severe injury
                    I was referring to things like approved seats that face a certain direction, seat belts, roll cages, safety nets, lighting, things like that. And what if they decide you should be on a track so there is no chance for driver error?

Comment

Not a hayride

Either I am totally confused, or one was a bus. And one comment was bus is the only way to go. I do not do hayrides by the way; but bad info has to stop.

Wicked farmer

Comment

You know how these things go they start out as one thing then they are something else later... it was a jeep pulling a wagon the jeep slid off the road going down a hill and the wagon flipped. They other situation was in a bus and an actor fell down and a zombie paintball bus ran over him.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Operating a hayride and reading articles like this puts a ton of ideas and questions into play. When the dust settles and truths and facts come out we all learn something about safety and how all of us operate our shows. Mistakes have been made and are going to be made as long as the industry is around!

Please everyone who is operating hayrides: Check your equipment, Know your drivers, and always remember that safety is number #1.

The Dead End Hayride sends its thoughts and prayers to everyone involved in both accidents.

Everyone have a great and safe rest of the season!
                          Brent F.
                          www.thedeadendhayride.com
                          Keep Minnesota Scary!

Comment

http://paradesafety.org/

this guy started a website and lists deaths on hayrides and floats

He's getting a lot of press as you can imagine.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Also check out this story http://www.wric.com/story/26809788/8...de-attractions
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X