Any other haunts have this issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other haunts have this issue?

I just purchased my own place back in the summer to start a haunted house and paintball attraction on for next season. I moved everything from my old location and I have had several people tell me they were glad we moved (and in not so nice of wording). Does it seem like when your on a smaller level that people in your town or surrounding areas don't take haunted attractions as a legitimate business? I always donate to area schools and non-profit organizations at the end of the year and I know you can't please everyone. Keep in mind there isn't a haunt located within 60-70 miles from me so maybe that has something to do with it. What would you suggest to make people realize the amount of money and hard work that goes in to a haunt and that it really is a "business"?

Not here...

Heck you can't swing a dead cat without hitting another haunt here in south eastern part of Michigan. BUT...I started as a non haunted corn maze and then had to add the haunt due to request. Some of you may shake your head at this; but if someone had told me 15 years ago I was going to run a haunted attraction someday I would have laughed in their face.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Every year I hear someon in line saying "I have 10 grand in savings, let's open one of these"

So I come up behind them and explain that they are looking at over a $350,000 investment and even with owning everything it still costs over$50,000 just to hit the pavement before even ONE customer! Your 10 grand will get you insurance, licences and permits and maybe business
      cards! Then the fire depart could come in and declare that you need a whole different emergency announcemnt system so you have plunk down another $30,000!

The next response is usually "wow I didn't realize that!" I explain that is why so many haunts come and go. People don't treat it as a business because it's seasonal and don't realize the time and financial obligations. Usually I ask if they want to buy this one. Response is always heck no, thanks! One small group that now respects the haunt business!
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I actually had one of my neighbors just post this on our FB page...

"I'm excited to be with the kids for Halloween, but it means the end of our Wells Township Haunted House for another year! I will miss the music, sceams, chain saws, people and cars lining the front street. Thank you to all who work so hard to make this month such a success!"

Pretty cool, 'cause I know we get loud and obnoxious. Lights on tour has worked well for us as far as letting the town understand what goes on and what goes into it.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
        X