The great halloween fright fight tonight on abc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great halloween fright fight tonight on abc

Hi halloween lovers! Tune in tonight on abc at 8/7c to watch the 1 hour special of the great halloween fright fight!!hallowen_frightnight2.jpg

Do you know if it will air again?

thanks,
    Allan

Comment

SPOILERS:
      I LOVE Haunted Overload (to me it looks like the best outdoor haunt in the country), but did it seem odd that the TV show had Haunted Overload (a pro haunt) judged against a bunch of home haunts? I knew hands-down who was going to win long before they announced the winner.
      Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Guess I'll miss it..working of course. Maybe it will go up online?

Comment

It would've been great if someone had posted this the day before the show came on so people could record it. I missed it too.

Jake

Comment

Graystone Haunted Manor was asked by the studio to audition..we did but unfortunately we didn't make the cut. My haunt is literally in my front yard on property I own. We have 17 acres here and 4 of it is what the attractions sit on. The labyrinth of Time is in what used to be my horse arena 22,000 square ft. You can look out my front window and see Oak Raven Cemetery. The critera, as I was told, was it had to be on your property and you had to actually live there. I didn't think we would get picked because we do charge to gain entrance and by charging I figured that would throw us into the "professional haunt" arena. However, I am happy that Eric won that is fantastic. They did donate the winnings to their local humane society another wonderful jesture. Plus the filimg was to take place in August....Texas in August???? I don't think so. The film crew would have melted away..... Happy Halloween everyone!

Sue
            http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Hey All!

I was looking forward to the show and enjoyed watching it, BUT..... Haunted Overload does an amazing job, absolutely amazing, great show, great use of materials, no doubt, BUT........ In my mind they are a professional attraction (they charge admission). The other 4 or 5 competitors on the show were all home haunt displays that took place at the persons residence (other than the Terror at Tea Lake one), and to my knowledge do not charge admission. How is it fair to put a pro haunt up against home haunters? Why didn't they just throw the Darkness in there or Netherworld?

Just my 2 cents, im not downplaying the success of Eric and his team winning, and im glad to hear they donated the money to the humane society, but again..... was this really a fair "fright fight?"
              Shawn
              Fear Engineer
              HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

I agree that doesn't seen fair at all. It's like he's playing both sides of the fence he was a big time home haunter and got tons of attention for his home haunt then he turns pro years ago, but then still trying to capitalize on being a home haunt when it benefitted him. His haunt does look great but that show should be for home haunters there are plenty if shows for the pro haunters.

DA

Comment

I looked it up, and Terror at Tee Lake is also technically pro... Though they only charge $5. What an odd mix of pro haunts and home haunts. Normally I would love that kind of a mix on a show, if they weren't competing against each other for a cash prize.

I suppose we should keep our mouths shut though... ABC actually aired a show about haunts, which is pretty awesome any way you look at it! That, and I do have major respect for Haunted Overload!

Comment

Seriously though one of the BIG criteria was the haunt had to be at your place of residence not in a mall and not on someones else's property. It had to take place where you lived. In my opinion an actual home haunt cannot compete with a professional haunt. But again I am happy for Haunted Overload but the rules changed for some reason.

Sue
                    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Darn I missed it. Will it air again? Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Here is ABC's link to where you are suppossed to be able to watch it. Does not seem to be up yet though.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-great-ch...n-fright-fight

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
                        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

OK, I thought Haunted Overload won and then donated $5000... But they actually won $50,000!! They donated $50,000 to the humane society! That blows my mind, in the very best way. Kudos to Haunted Overload!

Comment

That is just kick ass and just the kinda thing I love to hear ...

Heres a big hell yeah to Eric and Haunted Overload And his practice of Philanthropy

Hell Yeah
                            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I believed that this started out to be a showcase for a home haunts but changed somewhere along the way. Hard to tell why, the criteria kept changing. When we were directly approached by the network we told them we were no longer a home haunt but they did not care. They were opening up the show to all different types of Haunts, the only criteria at the end was that there be a residential dwelling on the property it did not need to be the haunt owners residence.

When entering into this I did not know the other contestants but did find out there was a much larger farm based haunt on there we were competing against but never made it onto the final show for some reason.

I know ABC wants to make this into a long-running series with multiple episodes showing multiple haunts during October. Just like their Christmas Light Fight hit show is becoming.

Now they have a good sign-up form on their website. I think this is a good jumping off point for the start of a series that showcases different types of haunts and increases awareness of Halloween and our industry.

It was a real a lot of work trying to get ready and put on a show in late August /early early September for the filming.

I think all the haunts on the show should be commended for their extreme hard work getting ready so early and showing us all in a positive light nation wide. I see this as a showcase for haunts not necessarily a competition. They definitely need that aspect for TV but it was great to see each and every haunt all so different from one another and the people behind them. This was a program for a mass audience, if it gets people excited about Halloween and going out to see haunts it was a success.

It was so much work the only reason we agreed to do it or to try for it was to try to win the money for the shelter. I'm glad we were in a position to do that, we're proud to have been be on the show with everyone and look forward to watching season two!

Happy Halloween!

Eric
                              www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Working...
                              X