Played out scares? What is in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played out scares? What is in?

I have read alot of posts regarding played out scares especially actor sayings like: Chainsaws, dot room, actors saying boo, leave, turn back, etc. If these are played out what are the IN "Newer" scare tactics, sayings that you use? While chainsaws appear played out patrons still are scared.

"New" Scares? "HHMM?"

I cater to those who hate chainsaws, and many people do.
    With many suffering with the haunt's customer count down? Maybe more actual dialog, acting' should be considered. Yes it's more time consuming and involved, BUT many customers will feel as if they are getting "something", especially if it is clever, entertaining, engrossing and then turns Scary! (Or just Very Weird!)
    Personalizing their experience , making it more memorable, intresting, giving them more to remember that night by, which may make the haunt doing this stick out in their memory more, thereby creating popularity, which inturn will create more eventual business.
    Such practises could slow down your throughput, but if throughput is already lacking, give them more show experiences.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Here in Erie County for next year, I'm gonna try to introduce the industry to the dual wield chainsaw butcher/cannibal/serial killer acting routine because although the single chainsaw is tried and true, I've seen it have less of an effect and higher predictability from season to season. John Burton and Ed Terebus were ahead of the curve on this one...the giant actor-puppet. Now, we can see them in every market thanks to the streamlined production by GG. Using the overheard names of guests walking through say, an asylum house is a big kicker. Finally, an element that debuted right here at Final Fear last year. The binaural "3D audio" haunted experience.
      Mike Cirrincione
      Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
      MAC Productions presents:
      Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
      AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
      Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
      Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

What is the 3D audio experience?

We have used dual chainsaws at different areas so guests don't know where or what is coming at them since we choose very dark areas. I agree with the dialogue. Our issues is a huge walk through the woods of the perimeter of a park which is the area we could use the dialogue but we do not want to have backlog of clients held up by a second group ruining scenes, or scenes but this is a great idea to look into for next season.

Comment

We Would Write Their Names

On a glow-in-the-Dark Toilet seat from Spencer's .
          Use a pen-lite, or just use their initials? As totally silly as it sounds, some were very scared when they saw their name on the toilet seat.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

3D Audio is a stereo Binaural sound recording which you build somewhat of a Disney-style 3D show (with blowers, blasters and water sprayers) around.
            Mike Cirrincione
            Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
            MAC Productions presents:
            Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
            AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
            Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
            Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

If we told you then everybody would do it.

Comment

Nobody Will copy Me.

It would kill their "Through-put"... but what I do does seem to impress many people who keep talking about it for many years,which is worth it's weight in Gold to me, that's what works , bringing people back for more.
                First: You get a property that is actually haunted. This will give everyone more to talk about, especially when they assume the ghosts are special effects, Very "Special" they are!
                Second :Believe in your own ideas and go with them! Avoid copying other's old ideas. It has huge potential to make life more.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can think of a few...

Drop Pictures. We made them famous by featuring them on our old old old videos but we probably need to ditch them. Its old news.

I think that is probably the oldest played out scare aside from the trusty old chainsaw which we can't seem to ditch. LOL

We have new scares planned for darkness this year that are really going to be cool!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Drop Pictures.
                    Sliding Pictures.
                    CG FX seem fake.

I'm going to go on a limb and say animations that do nothing but look cool. We need to get back to just scary animations with LOUD digital sound.

Comment

My Best, Newest Ideas

Usually arrive as I am leading a group through the house or I am just walking through it by myself.. and I am walking through my house every night of the entire year now for 27 years.
                      A few good ideas came from a customer's misconception of something, so I pandered to that misconception,which turned out to be a really good idea!
                      Giving a formerly static display just a small amount of "Life' will make a former visitor react fearfully in front of their newbie guest(s), always creating memories for everyone, which in turn is good for repeat business. ("Revenge?")
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X