Opened on Halloween

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opened on Halloween

I am getting my pro haunt up and running for 2015 and was wondering how many people come through a pro haunt on Halloween? is it worth being open? I always think of Halloween as family time and being home. Thoughts

thanks

-V

Why do you think this site "hauntworld" even exists?

Comment

I think I might open on July 4th.

Comment

I know I will not be open all hallows eve. It just is not worth it.

Comment

Maybe You Could make it "Worth It"?

Special one-of-a-kind promotions just for that night?
          There seem to be a lot of people who only go to a Haunt once and a great while, and many of such types do believe Haloween night is the busiest night for us, so they don't show up that night!
          Maybe promotion along with education might prove fruitful?
          More income will also be found if you really cut back on the number of employees that night,since it might be a traditionally slow night.
          We were very busy last Saturday afternoon, Nov. 8th. Who were these customers?
          Several large groups of Boy Scouts who have been camping around this area in November for several years, know about our place, and include their visit here in their plans. (They will always have newbies!) I have given Scouts tours here for their "Art" Badges, since I feature so much of my own art here. I have also given art talks numerous times to College art student brought here by their Professors (And I was paid over and above the ticket price here and the majority of them were female! (Always a plus!)
          If you find a way to hook-up with groups and get them to get reservations , paid in advance..you know you will be busy then, have enough help.
          A campground haunt had a huge listing of groups they saw every year.
          We used to have "Ghost Seeker's Night" Oct.31st
          Small groups would sit in the wine cellar with video cameras and other devices, listening, waiting, sometimes things would happen.
          Make it fun, and they will come.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A haunted house/ attraction not open on Halloween is like a church not open on Sunday.

Comment

Totally fair question in my opinion. Halloween is definitely not our busiest night. 2014 it was a Friday and we were about half capacity. Next year being a Saturday we might be a bit busier. Saturdays are always busier than Fridays for us. It seems like Halloween should be a super busy night but it never is crazy busy for us. Totally worth being open though, no question about that.
              Lucas Cox
              Cox Farms
              www.Fieldsoffear.com

Comment

We haven't opened on Halloween the last 2 years, in my previous experience it's just a slow night for haunts because people make other plans. Sure, you'll get some people to come through, but I would venture to guess that most of them will come on another night. It's also a tough night to get actors to show up, so you're usually short-staffed and not that busy.
                Mike Quill
                Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

Thanks guys. A lot to consider I have heard from many haunts Halloween is just not a busy night plus it's my moms bday and we always have a party and home haunt. Might be an idea to invite the actors since they are our extended family and really scare the neighborhood kids Hmmmmmmm

V

Comment

Simce Everyone is Trick or Treating...

Build a series of small facades resembling little houses. Paying patrons get to walk along and ring those doorbells and T-O-T.
                    Then have a diffent, type of scare happen at each little house.. and there could be your Haunt.
                    Of course the last house would just be for looks, the actual last house could be the second actual last house where they roll them up in a rug, duct tape the rug tight and roll you out the exit!
                    The candy would be falling by the wayside to be returned to you later.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The last two years Halloween has been our busiest night, as a matter of fact this year our last customers ran out of the exit at 2:00 AM Saturday morning.

Comment

That's what I like to hear Marr Branch.
                        The way it should be : )
                        sigpic
                        PEACE, ADAM
                        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Years ago I was unprepared.

To handle a whole downtown full of new customers who had driven from Chicago (3hrs ) to see Ravens Grin.
                          I did not turn anyone away or close down leaving people waiting in line, but it is Very difficult to "entertain" people at 5:30AM, not dificult for me, but for them.
                          The sun was coming up when the last group left my house. At 5:30 in the second room I was surrounded by people who had been in-line for maybe 7hours! (They were all kind of "surly" looking?)
                          I stood up on a concrete block, so they could all see and hear me better and announced that the rest of their house tour would be conducted by my Brother "Bob"...."Bob?... Bob?.......Bob!?"
                          Then I pulled a stuffed, sewn 10inch Bunny from someplace who I had put a small mask on, gave him a scythe to hold on to, and he became "Bob".
                          Back everyone coming out of the skull slide emphatically said:"YES!" Which then made the "Asker", sort of frown and mildly say under their breath.. "Dammit!" As they remained in the line to get in.
                          I had one group drive back the next night early to make sure they got in before it got late... 3 hours, from Chicago.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Halloween was slammed. Saturday was a close second... about 75 percent of Friday's Croix.
                            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Jim, that's nuts!
                              Tanner Phillips
                              Mastermind
                              The Darkest Hour
                              http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X