No announcement yet.

Facebook the review... Read on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Market Your Event on Facebook (video)

Hey all:

Thought this brief "best-practices" video may be helpful for anyone interested in tips for leveraging social engagement (ie, sell more tickets).

How to Market Your Event on Facebook (Video, 2 min)

sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video I don't disagree with what the lady said more or less... adding a picture, asking for shares, asking for thoughts and opinions blah, blah helps. However as I said unless you are willing to spend money on facebook and lots of time you will see very little results. Facebook is way overrated. I hired someone to engage people, interactive with people, we spent money and the results ended up something like spent 8 to 10 dollars for every ticket sold.

Instagram is basically worthless, Twitter is something you have to totally spend a million years engaging people, I think in the end the best form of marketing is WORD OF MOUTH!

Build a great attraction... this year we are going to try also to engage people by setting up photo ops so people can take their own pictures and share them on social media. We are also looking at using a company called eshots where you take a photo and they have to share it to get it... blah, blah.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry I totally disagree with what you're saying about social media. If you get a marketing expert with social media marketing experience you'll see an uptick in sales over time. If not, they're doing it wrong.

Facebook is huge for our haunt. We put some money into it (as every business should) amid with quality content, see a big return. Instagram is another opportunity you're missing out on. It is the biggest social media service with Millennials and the biggest with teens. Twitter is one that is also a big driver of sales. A comprehensive social media marketing plan should cover regular posting and engagement with your target market. It is a business expense like any other and absolutely necessary for anyone doing business today. Don't pay your nephew. Don't try and figure it out yourself. Hire a marketing expert. There is a science and an art to it.

Also, as with almost all marketing. You're not going to see a 360 overnight. These are building blocks which drive awareness and engagement and that ultimately leads to sales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

May I chime in?

Gentlemen,

I am so thrilled to have found this small discussion dealing with Facebook marketing. As it turns out, I actually do consider myself a bit of an expert in this field and so I only hope that I can effectively contribute to this exciting discussion. Just a small background, I've spent the last several years in the FB marketing realm -- and I have found that both sides are right. Facebook can come across as a bit of a wasted expense when its marketing platform isn't implemented correctly. And no, I don't believe that just your average Haunter can just stroll by and create a successful campaign out of a few "selfies" and some #hashtags.

The point was made that organic engagement is what matters and I 100% agree. However, to the benefit of Facebook, your high engagement posts that have received a lot of attention can be "boosted" quite successfully by using options such as "suggested posts" and local business campaigns. I would say that 99% of your ability to run a successful campaign depends upon impressionable, engaging content -- thus why some campaigns have only had a measly 1-3% ROI. It just so happens that a colleague and I have recently been in the works of launching something SPECIFICALLY tailored to this problem. Far too many Haunts pour (in example) upwards to $20,000 in campaign ads with little or nothing to show for it. And then they throw their hands up and say, "It's a scam. Completely worthless." In the last year, one of our clients (which sits in the national financial realm) had poured tons of money over the years and was sitting at 120,000 followers on Facebook, but very little engagement (likes, comments, and shares). After changing the type of content they were posting, and coming from a different approach, 6 months later we are sitting at nearly 500,000 followers and individual posts getting as many has 3,000 shares! The only reason I bring this up is (it isn't to brag), but to exemplify the power of a successful social media platform -- especially for haunts that are catered to local markets. I would argue that it is the most effective way to build a presence in a local market. Simply because, when executed correctly, it puts your brand directly in front of the customer. And not just any customer, but a targeted customer that is tailored to your elected market. I would love to hear some more discussion on this topic and I'm here to answer questions if needed!
          Austin Smoot, Specter Media
          www.SpecterMedia.biz
          contact@specterenterprises.com

Comment

Chair Screamer

Adam, I should also mention that I recall coming across your viral chair screamer video! What an excellent example of viral marketing! The video that I saw had over a million views! Congratulations!
            Austin Smoot, Specter Media
            www.SpecterMedia.biz
            contact@specterenterprises.com

Comment

So, smootah, what type of content creates/invites engagement?
              Is there a "formula" defining effective content?
              Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
              http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

The formula is #1- knowing your audience. You're a haunted, what kind of stuff do you find interesting?

Originally posted by Abunai View Post
                So, smootah, what type of content creates/invites engagement?
                Is there a "formula" defining effective content?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X