Falling Floor idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling Floor idea

Hey guys i am new these forums. I have been helping at my old high school with there haunt now for a little over 5 years. We recently moved to a new site and i was thinking about some new ideas. One of the ideas i had was a falling floor. And was wondering if you guys out there had any good ideas on how to do it. I was thinking about useing compressed air to lift it and drop it. Useing an air ride system from a truck or something along those lines. Anybody have any input?

If I'm not mistaken, a drop floor like you're describing is considered a ride.

All states have very strict regulations concerning amusement rides.

Here's a link to an idea that gives the illusion of movement without actually being a ride: http://www.hauntworld.com/Uncle_Timm...vator2003.html
    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

"Falling Floor!??
      I just would herd people into a thing that sort of looked like an elevator, then got eye-contact with most of them , then bent my knees , making myself lower and I had people faling down even though nothing physically moved, except me.
      It was hysterical!
      I had a steel barred gate on little wheels I would pull between us, this may have helped to "sell it"?
      Of course my own bending knees I was born with, I have nothing to sell on E-Bay, but also nothing to really lay out any money for either!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I havent really had time to reserch into the laws of the rides. But under the laws in yoru area do you think. It would be considered a ride if it only moved around an inch or so i would do an idea like the elevator but the house we used to use we cant use it any more so we are doing it in barn =\ but it still works just a lot more work.

Comment

I have been associated with the amusement park industry for over a dozen years. No matter what state you are in, a floor that physically drops down is considered an amusement device and you will be required to bring in a state inspector to check it out before you are allowed to use it.

If you haven' t had the time to check things like this out, then I would strongly urge you to do so "before" you undertake something like this.

In addition.... Falling Floor = Falling Customers

I have seen the elevator illusion done in a few amusement parks and haunted attractions and it's the only way to go if you are going to feature such an effect.
          The Haunter's Depot
          www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

The great thing about the elevator illusion is that it's cheap, relatively easy to do, safe, and effective.

Like the Pepper's Ghost, even when you know the how it works, it's still a neat illusion.

You could probably even create the illusion of a short drop by using sliding panels instead of the continuous roller mechanism shown in the Uncle Timmy Zombie version.

http://www.hauntworld.com/Uncle_Timm...vator2003.html
            Last edited by haunter112; 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM.
            Guerilla Haunter

Comment

So are the elevator rides like the Hellevator ect that are sold at Transworld considered amusement rides? And have to be inspected?
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Utah sures has alot

Rocky Point Haunted house and Nightmare on 13th here in Utah both have moving floors and or falling floors. I am not sure how they got it through but seems that they never had any problems.

In their workshops they never mentioned that the cities had problems with theirs.
                They did mention that the state had a big problem with them using water and needing it to be hooked up to swimming pool filters.

Anyway food for thought.

Ryan
                "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
                - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

I know my insurance prohibits any "moving or falling" floors. check with your insurance company beofre u do anything like that!

sean
                  Sean De Wane
                  ----------------------------------------------
                  The De Wane Asylum
                  www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                  X