The Hobbit Battle for the Five Armies Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hobbit Battle for the Five Armies Review

First and foremost let me say this new series of films has been mostly a bore almost like hey we've seen this before (Lord of the Rings) however this final edition was the best of all six movies. The movie has some laughs some amazing special fx, and some of the coolest monsters, goblins, trolls and more that I've ever seen.

This is by far the best of all SIX movies without ANY DOUBT!

Go see the new and last film of this amazing series.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I don't think any of them are a bore, but some are more exciting than others depending on timing of the story. As far as I'm concerned I think collectively these were the best movies ever made, especially when it comes to creating a believable world with incredible sets, effects and costuming and armor creation. The visual effects are groundbreaking and I don't think there are any films that have changed the game more than these six on many levels.

Allan

Comment

I'm surprised you haven't liked the other two hobbit movies, I honestly liked the first hobbit, way more than the first LOTR.

I'm excited to see this though! It looks great! Peter Jackson really is amazing!
      Tanner Phillips
      Mastermind
      The Darkest Hour
      http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

To clarify..

Hobbit 1: It was somewhat corny, very slow, and lacked a lot of action. it was the movie to set up the other two but overall it was slow. I don't think this movie was the favorite of anyone because from here the box office totals plummeted.

Hobbit 2: The box office numbers on this one was the lowest of all 5 to this point... I think because the first one wasn't that good. however I did like this one actually but it was very anti-climatic because smaug finally breaks loose and the movie ends. But I liked finally seeing the dragon.

Hobbit 3: Flat out the best of all 6 movies.

LOTR 1: I think its an understatement to say this movie was by far the most boring of any of the six. It spent about 3 hours just setting up the two that followed.

LORT 2: This was by far the best of the LOTR movies and flat out the best action of any of the six. I loved this one.

LORT 3: It was good however it was really more of the same of part 2, and the ending was dragged out and out.

Ranking all six movies ...

#1 Hobbit 3
        #2 LOTR 2
        #3 Hobbit 2
        #4 LOTR 3
        #5 Hobbit 1
        #6 LOTR 1

No matter what overall I don't think the movies could have been done better as a series its a 9 out of 10.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Larry, all 5 of the prior middle earth movies either made 1 BILLION or more or very close in sales worldwide including the last one. This latest will surpass 1 billion. These movies are a worldwide phenomenon and are infinitely better than movies like Star Wars, Harry Potter, avatar and super hero movies (talk about corny).

no movies or no director ever has gone through such great pains to bring an entire world to
          Life with such realism and artistic craftsmanship. I think for me I'm more impressed with these facts than I am with the story. But Tolkien's books invented the entire fantasy genre that so many movies have copied above including those mentioned above.

Allan

Comment

Allan,

Its one of my favorite series and I love the series as a whole but the films have lost steam... the last movie did not make a billion dollars and it was also the lowest grossing US making only 258 million. The first hobbit movie did 303 and the second 258 US. The Rings movies did much better first one grossed 303, second 342 and the last 377 US.

The last hobbit movie part 2 did not reach 1 billion World Wide... I think its because Hobbit 1 was soooo boring. But this new Hobbit movie they are predicting it will do worse than the last one but I don't agree... because this has been the worst Holiday season for movies I can remember.

People want to go to the movie and see a great movie and this new hobbit movie is the best one so far by a long shot.

HEY DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE INTERVIEW? That was a movie I wanted to see and Sony pulled it 100%... that sucks.

That movie looked awesome.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

Hobbit Desolation of Smaug

Total Lifetime Grosses
              Domestic: $258,366,855 27.0%
              + Foreign: $700,000,000 73.0%
              = Worldwide: $958,366,855

Came real close to 1 billion worldwide.

Comment

Not this movie, but another one.

That I paid to see 28 years ago in a theater.. after it was over I looked at my Son and said, "If somebody would loan ME, just a fraction of the millions they wasted on this movie.. I could build a really incredible Haunted House!"
                Any other Haunters ever say this or think this?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X