Check This Out... ZOMBIE NATIVITY SCENE Ordered remvoed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check This Out... ZOMBIE NATIVITY SCENE Ordered remvoed

Check this out a ZOMBIE NATIVITY SCENE is ordered taken down in Ohio. What do you guys think keep it up take it down? http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...o-town-lawsuit
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    Check this out a ZOMBIE NATIVITY SCENE is ordered taken down in Ohio. What do you guys think keep it up take it down? http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...o-town-lawsuit
    I may be in the minority. I've seen this story posted on some other haunt/Halloween related forums.

I'm not a religious person, but I respect people's right to have and practice their religious beliefs. and this feel like this guy is thumbing his nose as Christians during their biggest holiday.

Of course, he's got his right of expression, too, but I don't see what purpose this serves other than to draw attention.

I don't want the government to make him take it down, I want him to have had some respect and not have put the display up in the first place.
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

^ I think what you just said has been the best response on the situation I've seen in any public forum.

Comment

Poor taste

Yeah I agree. Apparently the home owner has a haunt, thus has all these props. However, I find it in poor taste (but I am biased). I too prefer the government not get involved but I find more and more people seem to forget their manners and someone has to step in.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I actually agree WHY?

I think this is another case where people desire publicity and attention and you go to the extreme to get it. That was more or less the theme of the entire haunt season 2014. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I totally agree with abunai. It is pretty disrespectful, and unnecessary. The dude is just trying to be an attention whore. Looks like people are beginning to actually believe any attention is good attention. Can't say I agree with this.
            Tanner Phillips
            Mastermind
            The Darkest Hour
            http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

I agree, it's for attention. He has the right but apparently no class.
              Also, try that with any other religion and see where it gets you!
              Jan
              greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Maybe it was just a case

Of one-upsmanship run amok? Somebody else nearby in competition with him to see who could get noticed and talked about the most.
                When that sort of thinking (Or is it non-thinking?) Gets going many people lose all basic nice- etees.
                Acting as if YOU are the only person that counts wil always bring someone down on YOU!
                Neighbors can help you or hurt you in many ways. They live so close, but you have to trust them, somewhat, you can't watch them 24/7/365 but they can watch you!
                Happy paranoia to him!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I would vote for un-called for. Whomever did this probably couldn't have expected anything positive to come from it.

Comment

Working...
                  X