Fire Retardant Black Plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Retardant Black Plastic

I have seent he fire retardant 4 mil and 6mil polyethelene plastic that Americover has and I have a question. Isnt this the same stuff they sell at Home Depot or Lowes? Wouldnt that be fire retardant also? I checked the packages but it doesnt state it but what americover has for Halloween is described identically. So would Film-Gard brand poly be fire retardant as well?
    ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Goregator, if the material at Home Depot or Lowes is fire rated, it should have a f/r spec sheet in the package. If it doesn't, see if you can get the manufacturers contact info and check with them. The Fire Marshall will usually require you to provide MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for the fabrics you are using. Hope this helps!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Kel. I looked all over the packaging for any signs of fire info but there is nothing. I didnt see any paper inside either.

Comment

Set it on fire, if it burns it's not fire proof.lol.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

The stuff sold at Lowes and HD is not fire retardant.

Comment

Originally posted by Empressnightshade
            The stuff sold at Lowes and HD is not fire retardant.
            Do you buy all of yours online or is there any nayional stores that has fireproof plastic?

Comment

Yes, I buy mine from Americover.
              After doing lots of research to see if any companies here in Sacramento, California sold FRBP, Americover was my only choice.

HOWEVER....
              I have found another place! It's FR Poly Vinyl sold at:

http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?caid=717469

It's a couple of dollars more than the FRBP, but it is also 2' wider. Also, it's vinyl, so you get a product that is tougher. I'm going this route this season as FRBP looks very unprofessional in a commercial haunt IMO.

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the info! We are getting a late start this year so we are trying to cut corners every where we can.

Comment

Well,

I got the so called "PolyVinyl" from Shindigz and I must say that I am VERY disappointed! It turns out their term "poly vinyl" is just another way of saying BLACK PLASTIC!

I got my roll yesterday only to feel pretty stupid that I even bought it.
                  We're stuck with it now as there is no time to search around for anything else.

And here I was hoping we were moving on up...... :evil:

Comment

Working...
                  X