Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ★Transworld....?

Hey Haunters,
    First year vending at Transworld and I was wanting to know if any of y'all had any first year do's and don'ts?
    So let's hear it.
    Thanks
    Kevin McMullen
    www.darkwooddesigns.com
    Last edited by Twiztedfaces; 01-17-2015, 03:10 PM.

I've never been a vendor just a buyer. One thing that really gets on my nerves is when I get to a booth and the vendor is sitting down playing around on the computer or cell phone. I shouldn't have to get your attention to find out about what you are selling....so I just skip past the booth. If I was vending I would be in front of the booth doing whatever I could to get people to stop and look. The only time I would sit down would be to write up an order. I usually just see this with the vendors with a small booth and usually they are selling a service instead of a product. I usually don't see them at Transworld ever again. I know it's really hard to stand up and talk nonstop for 3 days straight but your there to make as much money as possible so that's what you've got to do.
    Last edited by dawn408; 01-17-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I told you Kev

What did I say about trade show booth management? Ha. Stop by this booth and check out his work.
      Buck
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I'm with dawn408 when I see a vendor checking his Facebook or email and doesn't even look at you.
        It sends a big message "I don't time for you, keep walking" and I do
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Make sure your stuff works! I've seen many vendors where the animations broke while at the show. One big vendor I've heard welds their animations back together while the show is going on. It's very sad to visit a vendors booth only to hear them ask you to come back in an hour. My advice is to make sure what you bring is show worthy! Troy

Comment

still looking for some insight

Any tips for first year vendors.....I've been to show for past 7 years decided to jump into the vending side of haunting...we do scenic design and custom costumes and cosplay. Any tips would be appreciate. Thanks
            Kevin

Comment

Got to look past the show...

(I'm a buyer -not vendor) Don't promise what you can't deliver. Word spreads fast. Make a list of orders that has customer name, email address and phone number and tack it where you will see it daily. Give customers a heads up every 3-4 weeks as to progress until July. "We are on schedule and will have Transworld orders out by July" By July deliver or give an honest guestimation. Answering questions as to where is my product is not good...head that off. Get a reputation as fast as you can AND MAKE SURE IT IS GOOD. Follow up after sales looking for suggestions, improvements, and how the props worked...CULTIVATE RELATIONSHIPS not habit of sending a prop to an address.

Wicked Farmer
              Last edited by wickedfarmer; 02-01-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X