Get ready for the Twisty the clown explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to screw with Marr's head

I'm going to come up behind him in a clown costume reving my Stihl chainbsaw.

Wicked farmer

Comment

Clown costumes are scary but it seems after visiting several haunts last year they are overused. On the other hand aren't zombies a bit overused as well? Switching subjects does anyone know how to upload a photo? Chris

Comment

5269b58993450.preview-620.jpg

Here is a clown for you from The Darkness
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]19967[/ATTACH]

Here is a clown for you from The Darkness
          I give you exhibit A of the most redundant, overused most played out clown face ever!!

C'mon Larry haven't you seen that scream theme face a billion times walking around transworld or at haunts?

DA

Comment

I think clowns have their place and more recognizable ones can be used if done right. We will have a clown area, but will skip the twisty character. The guy running that area looking more of a Pennywise or Rob Zombie's 31 style. I do like the more original themes that places put together. I guess I'm the type of person who likes it all. Lol.

Comment

I have nothing against you doing a clown theme I'm just saying the clown face you're using is very commonly used.

DA

Comment

"...I'm just saying the clown face you're using is very commonly used." -quoted above

I do worse than that. We have Freddy, and Michael somewhere in the corn most years. Yes they are over used and I understand TOTALY the idea of originality. But those characters are told to keep track mentaly about reactions as to "is it getting lame OR do most people LIKE seeing the familiar mixed in". I BELIEVE my setting in a corn field lets me get away from a centralized theme more so than hallways in a building with one room right after another. And the randomness of mixing familiar with original stuff goes over well here. So far the reactions from clients are vastly in favor of keeping a few staples in the mix.

Wicked farmer

Comment

As a theme it's too easy. Frightening to less than 20%... Annoying to 80%. The only clowns I can stomach in a haunt are the more sinister sorta like the twisty character. Generally, however I hate clown shit. Definition below:

Clown Shit
                  \ˈklau̇n shit\

noun

: a commonly employed theme which lacks scares and is annoying.
                  Brett Hays, Director
                  Fear Fair
                  www.fearfair.com

Comment

Well poop....er I mean clown shit.

Our clown set up. (And we will not have any clowns for 2015 and probably not 2016) a 5 foot wide path through the corn. You turn a 90 degree corner and the path in front of you goes another 20 feet before another 90 degree turn to the right. As you head that way approaching the next right turn...It (IT the clown) appears in a 3 foot wide "window" 10 feet past your next turn. The corn tops were broken over so that damn clown could see you coming and you saw him carrying an axe up infront of his face while sharpening it. He momentarily appeared coming from your left out of sight parrelling the path you have to turn on next. And the SOB had a brush axe you heard and saw him sharpen...that was metal you just heard him sharpen not a foam axe. And he momentarily looked your way and laughed while he stroked the blade. He is gone. The corner where you have to turn and head south and parrelel where you just saw him disapear into the corn is lit with a 25 watt red bulb. HOOOONNNK!! Another evil clown came out of nowhere behind you while you were figuring out where It went and he disappeared (2nd clown carried a battery operated air horn light combination pushing you onward). BUT you see It trying to hide up ahead. And there is a cage the trail enters, It is waiting there where the cage takes a left turn. Wait that isn't IT...it is a dummy. The cage continues another 30 feet after the left turn but there are breaks in the cage. Skelrector on delay deploys and strobe comes on lighting up skelrector coming up to the fence about less than arms length to your side. And as it deploys making you turn your head.. IT jumps into the cage with you coming out of nowhere....except now he has a cattle prod in his hand and is going after the last person in the group .

Pssst Brett....that Skelrector you picked up at my place 3 weeks ago....had a clown shit mask on it last season LOL.

Wicked farmer
                    Last edited by wickedfarmer; 01-28-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post

Pssst Brett....that Skelrector you picked up at my place 3 weeks ago....had a clown shit mask on it last season LOL.

Wicked farmer

hahahahahaha.. Touche'
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                      X