Get ready for the Twisty the clown explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for the Twisty the clown explosion

I know most haunters pride themselves in being creative and original, so why does it seem like every haunted house will have a Twisty the clown guy in their show next year???

DA

What is a twisty clown? Troy

Comment

Twisty the clown is a character on American Horror Story: Freak Show.
      Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Scariest clown in a long time

It is a great character. I find that clown to be one of the creepiest I have seen in a looooong time.
        I actually plan on doing an animation with it.
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

But clowns aren't really scary. He's cool but scary for a clown still isn't that scary.

DA

Comment

Did you hit your head DA? ...LOL

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            But clowns aren't really scary. He's cool but scary for a clown still isn't that scary.

DA
            I am taking clowns completely out of my haunt. It gets nerve racking to hear over and over and over 'If there are clowns I'm not going!" We go to parades, put boothes in town festivals etc. Never have I heard "if there are vampires I am not going!" Same for zombies....axe murderers....purple people eaters.. never heard someone flat out say they are not going for a specific reason other than clowns. They scare my customers so much they will not buy a ticket! So....I am dropping clowns; because 'they are too scary" LOL.

P.S. I will have a Distortions Giggles the clown to get rid of and can take him to St. Louis if someone wants him. Hate to see the little guy go; but business is business.

Wicked Farmer

Also...they never mentioned jesters

Comment

clowns

I heard many times 'if there's clowns I won't go in'. I finally starting telling people there aren't any clowns inside. Then as they walked up to the door I would whisper, 'there's a dozen clowns waiting for you'. Not one of them turned away. By the way, there are no clowns inside.
              Just evil me outside.
              Jan
              greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

It's true Wicked Framer Clowns really freak people out.
                Not all people but A LOT of people.
                Why do think people build entire attractions dedicated to them?
                Because they scare the crap out of people!
                Me personally not so much.
                sigpic
                PEACE, ADAM
                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Anyone have a photo of a twisty clown? Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Twisty The Clown

Comment

clowns

coulrophobia - 12% of people have the phobia of fear of clowns. Phobias are one of the easiest scares in a haunt because they don't require high tech animatronic, a great actor, or believable sets. Fake snakes, spiders, and dogs always will scare those who have that phobia. I go to haunts with a friend and she is afraid of spiders and when we get out, i ask what scared her and it is always the fishing string hanging from the ceiling. go figure one of the oldest gags in the book. Some times as haunters we loose sight of who our customers are and don't use some of the old tried and proven old gags. I had Stuart Smith build me a 3D clown haunt two years ago for the coming season and I am glad I did after America Horror Story came out this year, It will make a great addition as out 5th haunt this season.
                      Phatman

Comment

that twisty reminds me of this older clown mask that morris costumes used to carry. I bought two I liked it so much-Danny
                        index.jpg
                        "Hilariously Frightful"

www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Yuuuuuuup. EXPLOSION FOR SURE! I expect this year's Transworld to have one at every other booth. I've already seen some AWESOME mask recreations as well as props being made. Seems that the industry tends to directly echo what occurs on American Horror Story or The Walking Dead the following year. Hahaha. I've heard the "if there are clowns I'm not going" SOOOO much it's ridiculous. One year it became almost like a fad with our actors to be "scared of clowns". As soon as a few said it they all started mysteriously having a fear of clowns. *shrug*
                          O'Shawn McClendon
                          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                            Yuuuuuuup. EXPLOSION FOR SURE! I expect this year's Transworld to have one at every other booth. I've already seen some AWESOME mask recreations as well as props being made. Seems that the industry tends to directly echo what occurs on American Horror Story or The Walking Dead the following year. Hahaha. I've heard the "if there are clowns I'm not going" SOOOO much it's ridiculous. One year it became almost like a fad with our actors to be "scared of clowns". As soon as a few said it they all started mysteriously having a fear of clowns. *shrug*

I agree with you there. I'm not really sure what to think of that though. Do we jump on the what's popular bandwagon and give our guests whatever TV and movies tell us is hot or do we stand on our own and create original and unique concepts and characters? I guess for many, that question has already been answered, but for me if its what everyone else is doing, I don't want to touch it for my show unless I put an original spin on it.

I'm not sure we are always as creative as we think we are as an industry...

Allan

Comment

I personally hate the clown thing, but love chainsaws.

Comment

Working...
                              X