Merchant account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant account

What merchant account would you recommend and why ?

paypal

Paypal because they have the best rates and they don't have hidden fees and try to scam you with fine print BS.
    I have been through 5 different credit card companies and they all tried to pull a fast one.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Try looking into Square. They are taking the industry by storm. Even Paypal is playing catch up. I do not use either, but am looking seriously at Square. They can provide a whole register system for free, no transaction fees to use the system for any cash transactions, only the cc transactions. I believe their rates are comparable if not better than Paypal. Looking at utilizing the system for the haunt and our Pirate Festival. Everyone I've talked to swears by Square, so I'm checking into it
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

I LOVE Square, I use it for EVERYTHING. Our website for Decimated Designs is PayPal powered because Square isn't quiet there yet with that sort of interface, but for a POS System and on-site sales it can't be beat, and the more you use it the lower your fees get per transaction. I invested in the Square Stand and it has made everything so simple and incredible, and it's always free to track cash sales as well that way. You can also track customer data, issue paperless receipts so easy, it has a reasonable offline mode, and you can easily and quickly program new items/prices.

I use square for all the Tradeshows and conventions I vend at as well as for my ticketbooth at my scream park, it's incredible.

Comment

Tried the square

I tried the square and found out their rates were more then Paypal's version.
          I have not been able to find better rates then Paypal.
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Square starts at 2.75% but gets lower the more you use it, mine is significantly less.

Paypal stays at 2.70%

I was trying to find some major differences or see if there was any significant differences.

They both have small things that could be better and they each have different things that are in need of improvement. So the argument has been made in favor of both sides and some of the more economic articles that appear to have little bias all come to agree that they're pretty much the same, and it's a user preference.

image.jpg

Comment

I was looking into amazon local register. amazon is 2.5% per swipe no matter what card so a little less then square. I am still not sure what company i am going to go with but thanks for the help.

-V

Comment

So what merchant is the best deal out there?

Okay so here is the question then....
                If you can find merchant that has better rates then 2.2% and DOES NOT charge for different credit card tiers I would like to know about this company.
                It's the all the hidden fees and higher rates for different tiers that make me crazy.
                Paypals best rate is 2.2% unless you do over 100k a month then it's 1.9%.

And I'm not talking about swiping that is a set rate of 2.70%.
                sigpic
                PEACE, ADAM
                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Working...
                X