Vendors that don't Deliver - 13th Ward FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors that don't Deliver - 13th Ward FX

Has anyone had this happen to them. Vendor not delivering what is promised. Last year at the insane shane party, I won a $700 custom silicone mask which I had to design, 13th Ward FX said to go see them at their booth the next day, so I did turned in my gift certificate and paperwork and contact info to them. I said I'll draw something up when I get home from Transworld 2014. So I did I sent them a picture drawing /rough draft of what I wanted. 2 days later I get a response 'Awesome' I let them know I need to figure out the facial features I send them a picture in July. I get a response August 6th, saying Ok, I'll get right on it. August 6th I respond back thank you thinking it will be completed soon, finally October hits and I send them emails once a week then no response at all. I thought they went out of business, but now I'm seeing on Facebook that they are working on new masks. I send them more emails in November and January. I don't understand how do you do this to people?

I have no dealings with this company. I think calling Shane first might be in order, then see if Shane can reach him. I would be shocked that any legit company would not answer their phones. How many times have you tried to call them? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I posted this post on thier facebook page and they deleted it.

Another one to stay away from. This pisses me off more because it was a winning prize..What a dirt bag.

Stew

Comment

Their masks look horrible anyway why were they even charging $700 for a mask in the first place when you can get one for less at a real company with real sculptors?

Comment

Quoting larry

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          I would be shocked that any legit company would not answer their phones. How many times have you tried to call them? Larry
          -I got same treatment from a company I had bought some huge animatronics from to the tune of $16,000 one year, $8500 another year. Finally got hung out to dry one year with no prop, no info as to what was going on, I don't know how many calls and emails went unanswered.. and finally had to have credit card company go through dispute process of cancelling my Deposit that was made at Transworld and the balance they billed me in July or Aug. Sold my Slayer on the pediment years ago...wouldn't mind buying another new one. But I am not going to. Wicked farmer
          Last edited by wickedfarmer; 01-31-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Nothing makes me more angry than crap like this!
            Tanner Phillips
            Mastermind
            The Darkest Hour
            http://darkesthourhaunt.com

Comment

Shane usually has no problem going after deadbeat vendors. Probably even more so as they advertised at his party.
              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Unacceptable!!!!

Do you still have your gift certificate? This is NO WAY TO BE TREATED! We took their donation in good faith and they have an obligation to give you what they promised! If I have to send someone to TransWorld I promise you will get it!!! Are you attending the show? Shane and it's pissed off Shane!

Wait I see you turned in the gift certificate. This is a red flag for me I would have never gave them the gift certificate without getting my prize ( mask ) do you have the emails of your correspondence with them. Reguardless I ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL GET IT!!!!!!!
                Last edited by graystone; 01-31-2015, 05:29 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

We have done a lot of dealing with 13th ward and even had a custom mask designed. Jeremy and Vivian have been awesome to work with. This must me some sort of mixup.
                  Brett Hays, Director
                  Fear Fair
                  www.fearfair.com

Comment

There was no mix up they said to come over turn in the contact info give us the winning ticket I told them when I get home from Transworld id draw up what I wanted talked to them thru email April then in July then I August he says he'll get right on it, I hear from another lady she's had problems with them she was waiting for her mask I told her I was waiting for mine as well, I'm patient person, I figured they are new in the business things take time. Their booth last yr looked busy. October came around an sent several messages to them nothing figured they went out of business then I see on their fan page that they are making new masks and I'm like where is mine why am I just being ignored, it's just wrong.

Comment

The show is coming up looks like you are going to have a great opportunity to talk to them in person. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Will it be waiting for you in St. Louis?

I got $5 that says it will be there in St. Louis waiting for you...with apologies. Try to ignore Shanes hand around the bacxk of their neck.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I spoke with Jeremy and he is making the mask, so yes it will be there. He was under the impression from speaking to whomever solicited the donation that it was an auction rather than a donation and that for his $1200 donation he and his crew would have a table at the party. There was no table set aside and no seating, etc. He specified that the donation was for a basic mask and that wasn't communicated and a six horned demon mask was requested.

Neither here nor there, I understand, but there are at least 1.5 sides to the story. None of which are the recipient's fault, of course.

I have just had many great dealings with Jeremy and Andrew and hate to see them dragged through the mud. The commitment will be honored.
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Getting connected.

I talked to Jeremy Sunday night thank you to whoever who shared this post with them and thank you Shane for helping me with this issue and Jeremy was aware of the 6 horn demon mask when he asked me what I wanted. It was a $700 custom mask he said he'd be happy to take on the challenge, none the less I appreciate all your help in this matter. I don't like doing it this way but I guess sometimes this is the way things have to be done unfortunately. I believe if you have a deal someone and you shake on it or agree to the deal you are clear in the understanding of the whole deal, I would have never asked for something extra. I don't usually accept or anticipate freebies I'm not that kind of person I don't take advantage of people's hospitality. I paid for a ticket won a prize and the prize should have been delivered last yr but it wasn't. I tried communicating and things seemed to progress and then all of sudden nothing. Again thank you all for helping the connection get connected.

Comment

Hey Brett, I'm the one that calls, emails etc....for donations. I send an email out to each vendor. I'm at home right now recovering from surgery so I can't pull up the email due to it being on my work computer. But, no where every has it been mentioned that any donation would be auctioned off. No no no. The Insane Shane Party has never auctioned off any prize period. When I return to work I will find the email and post it here. I collected one mask and one gift certificate from him Thursday morning. Again any donation was welcome. We gave away the mask to one lucky winner and then gave away the gift certificate to another lucky winner. I am so sorry for any confusion. The vendors who donate ( a certain predetermined value) also receive free tickets to the party. Hope this helps.

Sue
                              http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X