Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison props transworld???

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
    I would like to get your opinion on which prop I should bring to the Transworld.
    I am bringing a total of 22 props but out of these two which one would you be more then likely purchase or show an interest in?
    They both shoot out about 8'.

GF822 Ghost Flyer $2320
    http://www.poisonprops.com/gf822-ghost-flyer/

MF808 Mourner Flyer $1860
    http://www.poisonprops.com/mf808-mourner-flyer/

sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Transworld props

Hey Adam,

So the higher priced one must just have a few more movements I'm guessing? I'm also guessing that the characters can be customized to fit different themes for the same cost? I am personally excited to see what you have this year. I have never bought from you but I think you have a few things that will work for us this year.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Yes Buck the higher price one has 4 more arm movements.
      And yes we can change any prop to fit your theme.
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Hey Adam,

Do you still sell the alligator torso lunger? I noticed it on FB but not on the web site anymore.
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Yes Brett we can still can build the alligator torso lunger.
          I just added it to the website here is the link.
          http://www.poisonprops.com/gtl827-gator-torso-lunger/
          Last edited by poison; 02-15-2015, 11:32 PM.
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I like the Mourner better. I find that the props that shoot parallel, exactly towards the group to be the best effect. This one seems to do that very well. I am new to the bigger animatronics so take my newb opinion as you will. But if I were able to make the show with an extra $2k or so, I'd pick the mourner.

Roommate said that she likes the Mourner as well.

I also must admit, at first I was watching these at an angle (leaning over to the pc from a chair) and I thot the top one went upwards a bit. But after watching it this 3rd time, I noticed it's straight too, but it seems to hesitate too much before it comes at me. I still say the mourner. She appears quicker to me.
            Last edited by Hacksaw; 02-14-2015, 09:28 PM.

Comment

The Ghost Flyer is ultra badass. If I had the money, I would totally snag one. But, I think you might do better exhibiting a mourner more so than the actual dead person.
              Mike Cirrincione
              Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
              MAC Productions presents:
              Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
              AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
              Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
              Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Adam,

I can't believe in this industry you would promote all your new products so far out. Aren't you worried about people copying your ideas?

Comment

Teamzombie

Teamzombie why would anyone do that?
                  I promote my new line up early every year.
                  I have already pre-sold 60% of the floor models.
                  Plus I am already filling orders for new props as well.
                  It's a good thing.
                  Last edited by poison; 02-17-2015, 10:54 AM.
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I really like Adam's response.
                    Why would anyone do that?

I used to be more worried about things like that.
                    But what is the point of worrying.
                    I also think it is great to get the work out early.
                    It shows that YOU have already done it. And if someone does do something like it they are already seen as a copycat.

We released ALL our new stuff before the show last year and it worked out just like Adam said. Made many orders early.

But regardless,
                    the important thing is it doesn't matter much. Honestly, I have discovered that if there are 2 vendors selling the same thing it tends to boost sales not reduce them.
                    That has happened to us a couple times, and ALL it did was increase sales. And now those other vendors are out of business.
                    I think it is because it helps to increase demand especially for the vendor who makes a better product. Customers compare the 2 and the ones concerned about quality buy the better built product,and the ones worried about price buy the cheaper one. Buyers tend to want what they see. So seeing more..... you get the idea. NOw 5 vendors selling the same thing. Well not so much.

SO like I said competition is not necessarily a bad thing.
                    Plus it helps drive innovation.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com
                    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by poison View Post
                      Teamzombie why would anyone do that?
                      I promote my new early every year.
                      I have already pre-sold 60% of the floor models.
                      Plus I am already filling orders for new props as well.
                      It's a good thing.
                      Adam gets it! For years vendors held everything back to unveil at Transworld but to me it doesn't make much sense. Why wait until when everyone else shows their products when haunters have money right after the season and ready to spend? By waiting until the show you run the risk of selling less because buyers are pulled in so many different directions from different vendors and its more competitive. If you see something you want or need and there aren't others blasting you from all angles you will buy it then, like in November or December or anytime before transworld.

Promoting your products now will sell you more product now because haunters have money now and ready to buy. And its best for haunters and vendors as it gets money flowing for vendors and product shipped early to get in your show before the rush.

I hope to see this trend continue. Transworld will become the place to buy final props or supplies or get those who saw the video in the winter and was in the fence but decide after seeing it in person.

Jake

Comment

This industry is notorious for ripping off people's idea's. I think its a fair question and I do think other animations companies have trolled thru every single video... the show is still a month away plenty of time to do about the same thing then cry we had the same idea later. Doesn't matter... if it works for you then it works.

If you are getting orders and your customers are happy nothing else matters.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

No No No Deathwing..

You have to wait until Transworld show floor to decide what to buy! You can't risk buying things before the show and then not have money left to buy the new "SUPER DUPER CRAP SCARER". I mean if your haunt doesn't have the newest baddest piece because you bought OTHER stuff first it just ruins your haunts whole season. Well at least that is how a lot of haunts act like.

Adam- love the props I order from you BEFORE Transworld the Last 3 years...

Kevin- Thanks for letting me pick up Scare-O-Jack off the floor last year and paying before the show.

And special thanks to all prop buyers who bought my used stuff the two week after Trransworld...though I could have delivered it to them at Transworld.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

You bring up a good point ... let me say this show has been in St Louis for 6 straight years and I have yet walked the show floor ONCE as a buyer. I have ran around taking pictures for the website and stuff but I've never really walked the show floor one time in all these 6 years. There are a couple reasons... for one I have my own booth and this year I will spend every second in my own booth I won't look at other booths again. Maybe on Sunday I'll try to zip thru the show or see some stuff prior to the show starting but that is it.

Another reasons we don't is because we are building our haunt prior to the show ever happening. I have no idea or clue what vendors are building I'm only interested in what I want or need. A lot of vendors now will build what you want especially if its prior to the show so they can then bring that new product to the show.

The Darkness is done we are not buying anything else. Creepyworld is next on the block for us and we already have a plan for Creepyworld as well. Already done.

The best time to figure out what you need or want is while your haunt is still operating to me anyway that is when its fresh in your mind... you can go to your favorite vendors and ask them if they want to make you something.

That is how we've been operating the last 6 years of this show... we haven't placed one order in six years there. Not one!

To me its more exciting and fun to come up with your own idea's build them yourself or pitch some vendors on your idea's and get them on board to help you... I've found it tougher to get vendors to make custom stuff after Transworld so better to contact them when you have the idea's down and ready to go!

I'm not saying the most popular way to plan things isn't going to the show and buying what you like what you see, whats new but I'm not alone in the fact that buying things between October and the show is very popular process.

I'm also pretty sure a lot of vendors would love to get those orders and phone calls in that DEAD period of their year. Adam is in theory way ahead of the curve here... when you look around at all these haunts opening for events year around he might score some early orders doing it his way. I will buy NOTHING at Transworld ... I've already spent something like 100,000 with vendors, and what I want for Creepyworld I already know it... I am now buying in the months of October to February its working out great.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thank YOU!

Thanks for the kind words guys.
                              I am kind of a rarity as far getting this many props done, taking pictures and having videos up on the website this early.
                              I do have an advantage of working in California where the weather is more consistent and I don't need to worry about foam or latex issues.
                              sigpic
                              PEACE, ADAM
                              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Working...
                              X