Text Marketing - It Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Marketing - It Works!

This season is my 30th year in business with Spookywoods haunted attraction, so I've tried everything over the years. With smartphones in just about everyone's pocket text marketing is prime for our haunted customers.

I integrated text marketing into all our attractions last season. The text sales results were incredible last season for Spookywoods. We also used it to engage our corn maze guests to get a hint. Our guests receive a free ticket on their birthdays at our year round zipline, high ropes, escape game and lasertag attractions. If you want to take the system we use for a test drive visit
    click on this link: Text Marketing. If you have any questions I'll be glad to help you out.
    Last edited by twohlgemuth; 02-24-2015, 01:18 PM.
    Tony Wohlgemuth,
    Comes up with the fun stuff!
    Kersey Valley, Inc.
    www.KerseyValley.com

Visit what? I don't see a link.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Originally posted by bhays View Post
      Visit what? I don't see a link.
      Brett click on this link: Text Marketing
      Tony Wohlgemuth,
      Kersey Valley, Inc.
      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Thanks Tony

Comment

Text marketing

I totally agree with Tony. I hit text marketing hard the last few years and use a company called slick text. I have had some really positive success with it.

Buck
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Tony,

Can you share more information about your escape rooms? How many square feet are you using for that and does it make money?

Comment

Escape Rooms

We are about to open our first one in a couple of weeks and another one in April. As far as how much space it depends on how you want to set it up. We have a starting room, a control room and then a hallway leading to each game room. The game rooms are 20x20, and we plan on building 4 more this summer if the demand is there. You can check out our site at www.kerseyvalleyescape.com

Kersey Valley is a 60 acre farm with several year round attractions open 365 days a year. This idea fits us perfectly and after 30 years of creating Spookywoods it's too easy not to add this to our list of year round attractions.

Tony Wohlgemuth,
              Kersey Valley, Inc.
              www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Thanks for the update. I know you are always ahead of the game on new and big ideas. I've done one of the escape games before and they are AWESOME! People don't know what to expect but once they have been they rave about how great they were! They are huge overseas and coming this way. Its just a matter of time before half the haunts add them. I see you are getting a jump on the competition with them!! Smart thinking!! I see Larry has them for sale on his site now too!!

Comment

Tony

Check out this article

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...etwork/373043/
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

What's the ROI for this? For every text you send out, how many customers return? I have a hard problem with the steep prices. Do you keep the service year round? Or only activate it for Sep/Oct?

Thanks for this post, I've been wondering, but haven't seen concrete returns worth 100-300 a month.

Comment

Text Marketing - It Works!

We used text message marketing very actively in 2012 and 2013 and had good success with it. However when the new laws took effect in 2013 it effectively made it illegal for us to send messages to the large base of subscribers that we had built up. At the time, it all seemed pretty risky and the potential downside was rather scary. I may have to revisit it.

https://www.intouchsol.com/blog/mark...-sms-messaging
                      Last edited by bhays; 03-02-2015, 09:54 AM. Reason: siri failed me
                      Brett Hays, Director
                      Fear Fair
                      www.fearfair.com

Comment

People talk about text marketing but I can't recall ever receiving a text message promotion from anyone ever. Why do you think that is? Am I too old I'm 39.

Comment

What's your number? I'll send you one.
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                          X