Pirates of Emerson 2014 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of Emerson 2014 video

Released our new video from the 2014 season at the cast party last night.
    Thought you all might enjoy it too!

http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Rope use

Hey Karl;

Saw you used short ropes that you intended groups to hold onto to stay together. Had thought of trying that on our haunted trail so group stayed closer together for actors benefit. How did that work out. I am sure some groups just fell apart anyway but did it dramatically increase numbers of individual parties staying closer together? I was afraid of tripping hazard or just ending up putting a whip in their hands they would swing at actors.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

The short ropes worked very well for us, but it was a fairly unique circumstance. That haunt was completely dark, the only light was a single prism light that the first person in the group had control of. Had any members of the group released the rope, there is really no way for them see anything beyond that light. I would guess we had less than a few dozen ropes discovered in the morning for the entire season!

In any of our other haunts I don't think the rope would have worked, unless we killed the lights in those also.

Comment

Thanks for Sharing Karl. Did I see a Pirate Clown in there? Nice video I wish more people made those wrap up videos.

Comment

Karl, man I miss you and your crew coming to Transworld! Good times. I hope your show was a success last season. I wanted to add about the rope philosophy from an actor's point of view. When I was at the Asylum Experience in 1998, Dave Link had incorporated the same concept for his customers. The difference was the rooms were not pitch black. Normal haunt lighting circumstances.

They didn't need a flashlight to go through and the way I dissected random groups was by waiting on the other side of the wall. I would anticipate the timing and grab a hold of the rope after the first customer and pull slowly towards me allowing the customer to think their friend was leading the way.

Unaware that I was on the other side, I pulled them around the corner and right into my clutches! I hammered them! and it worked fiercely and often.

Sometimes I wrapped the rope around the group and formed my own version of a group scare! Good times.

Great trick for those with great timing.

Jeff Glatzer
          Former Editor-in-Chief
          Scared Stiff Magazine
          Actor

Comment

Jeff,
            Guess I can stop my boycott of the HAA show since it doesn't look like it's going back to Chicago
            No crew this time, just my son and I making the trip.
            Looking forward to seeing you

Comment

Karl,

Are you actually boycotting the show? What happened?

Comment

Just a joke. Had to be a reason I haven;t been in so many years!

Comment

Karl,

Stop by and and say hi... looking forward to seeing you. Also stop by and SEE PATTI and get you a banner this year and a featured article. We want to feature PIRATES!!!!

I will miss however not seeing all your awesome Pirates roaming the show floor.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                  X