Ghost Town Theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Town Theme?

What ideas would you use in a haunted ghost town themed haunt? I was thinking a jail, winery, gold mine. Actors can have pale faces ghost like.

You could go virtually anywhere you wanted with this, man. From ancient vampires, to an old alien attack (cowboys vs aliens comes to mind) and even zombies man. Psychos, you could do a psycho illness which is actually airborne that causes everyone who breathes enough of it to become lunatic as well. You could also do critters, like um... Tremors, remember that film? You could do a monster that lives under ground that discovered humans living above ground and ate everyone. Been dormant for a few years and now they're back for your guests / new residents. Possibilities are endless, really.

You said "Theme", the things you mentioned are not themes, but more of 'hooks' in the story line. But yeah, research up old ghost towns and see what all they had. Mainly had Saloons, Housing, Motels, Gambling Houses, Banks, Brothels... um.. Trading Posts etc.

Comment

Theme= I meant more like ambiance to make you feel as if you are walking through an abandoned ghost town of haunted trails, corn field, and 2 HH's. I know sometimes it is hard to theme an entire haunt. I think one of the HH can be a motel housing a bedroom, saloon, gambling room, post office, bank, jail, The final HH we usually like to end it with gore and scariest to leave lasting impression usually 3 rooms are skits with dialogues maybe we can incorporate the gallows into this room.

Comment

We have done several western themed haunted houses...

Saloon
        Barn
        Jail
        Poker Game
        Brothel
        Gunfight
        Tombstone (graveyard)
        You could do a scene with Rattlesnakes
        Hangman
        TNT scene blasting
        Mine
        Train Station or walking thru part of a train
        A giant Steer animation would be cool

I mean the list goes on and on
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. We are still brainstorming in making it a little less western. Need to find a way to make it a scary, tad gory theme and how to introduce clowns.

Comment

How about a mine shaft mirror maze or the hanging judge?

Comment

Nice idea looks like this can be used as a showstopper room.

Comment

clowns

If you want to incorporate clowns into your haunted town, you could set up a tent at the edge of 'town'. Check out images online for clown looks from the era you are targeting and part of your story can be 'the circus came to town'.
                greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Good idea thanks we are still trying to figure out theming the 2 wooded trails 2 HH's and corn maze. Also trying to make it scary and not old western abandoned ghost town but maybe a little more modern non western ghosttown.

Comment

We had a western theme for several years and it just didn't fly. The customers just don't perceive it as a 'scary' setting. So you are trying to jump two hurdles; one convince them it can be scary, two deliver the scares.

A huge part of people enjoying a haunt is getting them in the proper mindset where they are on edge and easy to startle.. then they get scared, the ones who don't laugh and all is good

But that was just our experience. I have noticed that everyone who had a western theme ends up no longer having a western theme....
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

Thanks we had a similar feeling of the same. We might be able to turn it into an an abandoned village that was taken over by an unknown presence or create a story of a person that lives on the abandoned property.

Comment

I dig the abandoned village direction...
                        Brett Hays, Director
                        Fear Fair
                        www.fearfair.com

Comment

We have a story line about a kid that was orphaned and causes terror on Halloween night when trick or treaters disturb him so we are thinking of using a similar idea that he was buried here but his spirit lives on when he is awakened by those who trespass. This will be our storytellers dialogue then as they walk through the 2 trails we can have all sorts of actors dressed up as family members, police, the dead, etc. Facades of a village store front. Our last HH we usually have 3 skits that are linked together in some way ties in the storyline so we will keep brainstorming. We also have scaffolding to create storefronts. Any other ideas we are open too. Thanks

Comment

I think that rocks!
                            Brett Hays, Director
                            Fear Fair
                            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                            X