Talon Falls - Who Went ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talon Falls - Who Went ??

Who went to Talon Falls and what did you think. Love to hear your report and get your feedback. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Great show little too late getting back. Lol
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Comment

I enjoyed the haunts and hayride very much. They didn't allow pictures so nothing to show.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

The haunt was fantastic. BUT...BUT, we are haunt owners, not haunt customers. We are paying a premium to attend this event. Pictures should be allowed. Personally, I will never go on another tour where photos are not allowed. If that's the case, charge us what you charge your haunt customers.

Comment

I think that all the attractions were well put together. The actors were great. I would of loved to had pictures as well. I think with the amount of people we had attend and the way Talon Falls is layout, we could have been divided into different groups and moved through more efficiently to save time. I did not get back till almost 4:30 am. I will not be taking that trip again; however, the Haunt itself was great to see.

Comment

I'm with you guys, nice haunted house but you can see nice haunts everywhere without doing speed seminars all day then riding a bus for nearly 10 hours. I don't think these events are needed at Transworld haunt show. I would not do this again. I do very much appreciate the own doing this event but getting back to your hotel room at 2 or 3am makes it very tough to visit the tradeshow the following day. I think our group finally went to bed around 5am. Dead tired.

As for the picture thing yeah I'm not sure what the deal was there. A bit odd if you ask me.

Comment

I heard a lot of great reviews of Talon Falls so kudos to their entire staff. I heard the hayride took to long, and a bus got stuck in the mud, and well people getting to their hotel at 5am. All bad things but I'm sure all things they didn't expect to happen. Its never easy opening for the haunted house industry no matter what time of year no matter what tradeshow its for.

I think Todd will be the first to tell you he's not going to do it again... LOL!

There is a lot of stress involved in doing it because anything that can go wrong does. At Darkness on Saturday we had a fuse go out wasn't planned. Things happen you just have to roll with it.

I personally don't like doing tours involving buses. If you need to bus them their SKIP IT! I told Phobius people the same exact thing... the bus can break down, it can get in a wreck, and well in Todd's case got stuck in the mud. Limiting the problems that can go wrong is the smarter move.

People are asking OPEN CREEPYWORLD ... someone said but you'd have to bus them there. I said AHHH NEVER in a million years would I supply buses. Overall I know everyone had a great experience so getting back late was the price you paid.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

I really enjoyed Talon Falls... but one thing happened that really turned me off of the place.

I don't know if it was talon fall's call or the person I charge of the bus tour but I was on bus 3 and we were told a specific order to go through the attractions ended with the 3D haunts.

Me and several others followed the rules and did all the houses in the order told. There were waits and I knew the tour was obviously behind but I didn't mind it much however when it came time for the 3D haunt we got out of the haunt before that to find they already closed the 3D haunt and were directing us towards the exit.

I was nice but the group behind us was more vocal about it and all they got told was "It will be here in October" from the event staff. This really left a bad taste when this happened as I was really looking forward to the 3D haunt. I planned to grab some souvenirs from the gift shop but at this point I was already upset about flying in early then paying $150 to sit on a bus several hours only to get shafted. They still made us go to the party room so there was no busses leaving for about an hour after that.

Once again not sure if it was Talon Falls who made that call or Transworld but I doubt I will ever return to Talon falls or do the bus tours again. I did like the 3 attractions I did get to do though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Ken Jones

Comment

Ken,

Let me say this... I have made my fair share of mistakes when it comes to haunt tours. The very first year we did one we spent every penny we had, hired everyone who could walk, moved heaven and earth to see to it everything went off without a hitch. We learned the hard way that doing everything without a hitch was impossible based on all the stuff we tried to take on.

All the little things is what got us like radios not being charged to raining while people waited in line, to well honestly what we did was basically impossible building a building, building a new haunted house (Terror Visions) from scratch, building that horror museum from scratch, and totally renovating the darkness itself... let me tell you it was a reality show in the best or worst sense depending on how you like your reality shows.

We got run over the coals on these forums from people who complained about waiting in the rain, that we didn't open on time, our actors were not good enough, whatever, and everything else between. Personally I didn't feel the shots where deserved because we spent something like a million dollars to get it done. But in the end its all about the show not the hard work you put into it.

We didn't do our best on the show... we learned from it though and honestly it made us better haunt owners. Now we get our haunts open on time, we've learned how to better check for potential problems, how to go faster getting actors ready all because of the first year we did the haunt tours and the criticisms that followed.

For anyone to say I don't care about anything but myself those people just don't know me... I cared I cared so much I actually for a minute are two said to myself I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! But honestly after thinking it thru I said to myself... no I'm going to prove to those people, and myself I can actually get this right. I think we did that but it took a lot of mistakes to ultimately make things better.

This year we had a fuse go bad, we didn't complete our library falling wall, last year our wheel chair animation broke, one year and I don't know why but the sewer backed up in the haunt... it is so unpredictable you can't just predict anything. I learned that... so that is what we do going in expect the unexpected.

Is what we've done perfect NO WAY... but letting the little things kill us no way!

I talked to Todd prior to his event and I shared some advice for him I was hoping he'd fly thru without a hitch... but as we've learned ourselves that is just impossible. His buses got stuck in the mud, some miscommunication, its all part of the learning curve.

In the end I doubt Todd would ever do this again, and I believe Transworld now realizes they shouldn't do haunt tours for the main show... either way I applaud Todd for doing a whole lot better job than I did the first go around.

With haunt tours you should always hope everything is perfect but be realistic in the fact that it probably won't.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

I went and had a great time but holy great balls of fire was that a long trip. I was wiped out the following day because we went a head and got up early anyway. Not sure if we'd do something like that again. GZ

Comment

Working...
                    X