Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Theme and/or storyline have you used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Theme and/or storyline have you used?

What theme and or storyline have you used? What did you think worked best?

What themes have you used ideas?

Comment

I visited several haunted houses last year, several and most of them claimed to have a theme on their website, but don't really have one in the haunt. We even visited Netherworld and they really play up a theme for the event on the site but nothing really comes thru at the attraction. Unless the haunted house is a play, or guided attraction its really difficult to showcase that theme. When you walk thru the attraction the focus is more on getting scared and survival (LOL) than understanding the intent of a theme. On the other hand if your theme is a hospital it's not difficult to understand all the scenes appear to portray a hospital however on the other hand if you read their website the storyline is very detailed, but the storyline never comes off despite all the scenes are hospital.

I think it's easier to create the idea you are trapped in a hospital or an asylum or in Netherworld's case a World of monsters than portray a storyline in a walk thru maze. The only true way to act our a storyline is with a play, guided tour, but I understand its all part of the marketing.

I guess what I'm saying is the storyline is important for the overall theme but no so much for the experience.

Comment

We have the first trail is a storyteller and guided then the group follows the rest of the trail into the next trail through the cornfield maze, then to the last 2 HH's we usually leave the last HH as 3 scenes. During the walk in the trails, cornfield are various actors etc. We understand its hard to theme the entire haunt but it helps with costumes, and continue the storyline from the storyteller at the beginning.

Comment

Working...
        X