Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transworld 2015 - New Rules Changes to Policy (what do you think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not go overboard here

the fact is we, as vendors, exhibit at this show to make a living, it doesn't matter if and order generates $20, or $20,000 it is an order. We treat everyone the same. Or atleast we try to. I don't think we loose orders by simply being busy. But who knows for sure. I haven't had anyone tell me we didn't order because you were so busy. The fact is for me, the busier and crazier our booth is the more fun and exciting it is. Which I think drives sales up, not down.

Regardless, there was a serious problem at the show this year.
    But I don't really think everyone needs to go overboard over it.
    1. The fact is we had actors running around disrupting the other events at the convention center. I think that was very unprofessional. SO, I think the best way to solve this is to not allow costumed actors on the show floor. I think that is a pretty simple solution. And 2. who knows how many people purchased fake badges to get into the show. Yes, some scumbag bought a badge or borrowed someone elses badge, copying it and then sold it on ebay, craigslist and who know how many different facebook groups the badges could have been sold on. And it is still unkonwn how many people got into the show this way. It could be a 1000. This issue has already been remedied. They have already decided to use a new system that can't be hacked (so to speak).

At first I was pretty dead set on making sure everyone on the show floor was a big buyer, but the fact is we all start somewhere. 20 years ago I was making props in even less than a garage. I was working out of a utility room.
    SO, I think the show floor should be open to verified haunters. That is ALL.
    Transworld has to define that term but obviously it can be a pretty loose term, which it is right now.

3. Transworld tried the VIP thing this past year. Not so impressed. We stood in the booth for an hour and no one even walked by. Honestly, I am not even sure who even purchased the VIP so not sure the value of this option.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Well said, Kevin.

Thank you! I think you are 100% spot on with your assessment.

Sunday often seems like a drag day, maybe limit costumes to that day so the extroverts can get still their fix while vendors pack it in early, sleep under their tables, look at other booths.

Perhaps you could elaborate on the issues you saw with costumed people interrupting things.

Another thing I saw, the semi-clad girls running around, body paint etc., some of them representing vendors or demonstrating vendor skills. These people can be just as disruptive in their own ways. I appreciate a semi-clad girl as much as the next guy, but I am there to conduct business, not ogle semi-attractive, scantily clad women. It's also a cheap ploy for attention. Like the barroom costume contest where a man spends a year building an elaborate costume and he loses to a woman in a bikini.

And some of the vendors have costumed people running around, you as well, although yours correctly hover around your booth. But likewise, those people are working and want to look at the cool stuff too, so as long as they don't disrupt sales and act professionally, I guess it should be allowed.
      Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 05-15-2015, 11:01 PM.

Comment

The simple fact is costumed vendors need to stay in front of their OWN booth. Even if just out of respect to other vendors.
        It is the reason we purchase booths across from one another, just so we can have free reign in front of our booth. The only time we go beyond that is in front of our booth at the opening of the show to help boost the level of excitement upon buyers entering the show floor. I am pretty sure this problem will probably also be addressed by Transworld for 2015.

attendees in costume were scaring those outside the show floor who were attending the lego convention and those attending a dance competition. This is just simply disrespectful and that kind of behavior should not be tolerated. This really crossed a line and will probably have consequences because of it.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Kevin for singling you out, it was not my intention to do so. I love your products and was simply pointing out that (what I consider to be a major vendor) major vendors like you dont go to MHC because its geared more for enthusiasts than TW.

Comment

Not to worry Evilbeaver.

We don't do MHC. and why is that. We don't make any money there.
            It is not specifically because of the enthusiasts attendance. It is because our products are so high end that most cannot afford them.
            But that is ok, that is by design.
            We have designed our products to fit a very specific nitch market.
            At some point we may change that. And when we do you will see us at other shows, but not until that time.
            The whole idea for me to build a short client list rather than a huge customer base.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Lego Kids

Oh, right, I was familiar with monsters menacing Lego kids. Not cool, but who schedules those events together? And the tiny girl dancers too.

All those Lego people ate up the majority of the parking deck spots next door too... I had to park there, ended up in one of the last couple spots on the top floor.

That said, I did see some Lego people enjoying some of the haunt product outside of the show floor, taking pictures with things and such.

Comment

Damn it Sawdust!

After I send you a personal message giving you the thumbs up on some of your concerns you go and attack my wandering eye's and the painted girls. Sheeesh! I take back the nice things I said in private message.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Hang on...

Hang on... I didn't say to do away with the scantily women. I just pointed out that they are a distraction, to me anyway.

I am a live and let live kinda guy as long as people aren't causing real problems... more power to them.

Comment

Honestly,
                    I think it was the best show yet.
                    It seems to get better every year.
                    Consider the goals of Transworld. Obviously the main goal is to produce a profitable show. But that also has to be defined and the definition is spot on. To produce the best Haunt Specific Tradeshow there is. To help Vendors make a living. To bring in new buyers, and bring in new vendors. And year after year they do that. And they work very hard to do that by attending a crazy # of other shows to reach both those buyers and vendors.
                    They just had a couple things happen that were out of their control, but they are taking those issues into their control.

This Tradeshow is the mainstay of our Business. We wouldn't be Gore Galore without it. It is where we have met ALL our Clients, made ALL our friends, and will be exhibiting for years to come as long as we are in the biz! SO, thanks to Transworld for Putting on the BEST Hauntshow there is!

The other side of it, is that everyone coming to the show just needs to have a level of professionalism about them. It really is that simple. If everyone did that, there would be no issues. And Transworld would NOT have to make any changes because of it.
                    Did you heard that someone broke a table by dancing on it, and did some unsavory things in the froggys fog party room? Plus stole phones, and things about the hotel. Last year stink bombed the elevators.
                    That wasn't a bunch of different people. It was one or two. As the old attage goes. 1 bad apple spoils the bunch.
                    Kevin R. Alvey
                    info at gore-galore.com
                    www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Just hammering that part home- worth repeating.

"The other side of it, is that everyone coming to the show just needs to have a level of professionalism about them. It really is that simple. If everyone did that, there would be no issues. And Transworld would NOT have to make any changes because of it" . - GORE GALORE

Comment

Conventions

My experience in general is that some people consider conventions a license to act up and that is not just with haunters, that is all conventions to some degree. I have seen it all the way up from youth conventions to conventions with adults.

Hotels are probably used to this kind of stuff going on. I was at a hotel once when there were pro hockey game in town, and the crap that went on at the hotel was disgusting. Anytime you have a public that is drinking lots of alcohol, they gotta prepare themselves not only to clean up a lot of puke, but all sorts of other shenanigans going on. But as a hotel in a town next to a hockey arena, are they going to toss away business? No. Nor are they going to not serve alcohol in the hotel bar.

Stuff happens all the time. It isn't nice when it does, but it does. Introduce a lot of alcohol and more stuff happens.

The truth is, at a minimum, at least the TW crowds are amusing and interesting and fun and full of colorful characters... plus we are connected to the entertainment industry. If nothing else, that we are fun, probably goes a long ways to the hotel convention center and town wanting us, versus, for example, the Chicken Processors of America convention.

Not to mention, some haunt people are virtually a step up from carney folk. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Comment

What do I think?
                          I think I'll let the owners of the trade show make their own rules.
                          Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
                          http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

I don't think it much matters what they change or don't change we'll be back! I think all the idea's thrown out here are good ones but you never know what is going to added and what isn't. With Transworld doing MCH, Extreme down in Florida I'm betting you won't hear about anything until all of that is over. So I'm thinking something will break in June or July.

Comment

A friend of mine just informed me Transworld is adding even more rules to the show for 2017. Can someone let us all know before we make plans to visit this March? Does anyone know if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntfarm View Post
                                A friend of mine just informed me Transworld is adding even more rules to the show for 2017. Can someone let us all know before we make plans to visit this March? Does anyone know if this is true.
                                If you go to http://www.haashow.com/register/ it gives a very good description of the rules that they expect, I didnt see anything new for this year that was different from last year?

Comment

Working...
                                X