Side attraction ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side attraction ideas?

So I've been doing the whole, 3 haunts at 1 location, thing for a while now and want to switch things up. Space is not an issue but staffing is.

I feel it'd be beneficial to drop to two larger haunts, and offer a couple side attractions or midway style events/attractions to do instead of a third haunt.

Have any of you guys tried something like this? What worked well for you and what was well received by the customers? I'm not looking for the typical coffin ride or anything, I had the zombie shooting gallery this past year, and had another really cool side attraction lined up but a vendor I was working with has seemed to have disappeared... So now I'm starting from scratch and interested to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Thanks!

Do you have a budget? I have a project I've been doing a lot of prelim work on the past few years but looking like $8-10,000 to get it off the ground. 2 people to operate and can take 8 or more people at a time (upwards of 20 but only 8 would get the full interactive effect.) It is adjustable time frame from 15 to 45 (or more). And the best part is once it's built it can operate for years with little to no expense (bar normal operating costs.)

The idea is to make it portable so it can be taken from place to place and used in the off season. For more details feel free to contact me in private message and we can talk about it.

Comment

CyclopsDome

If you were at Transworld, did you see CyclopsDome?

http://www.cyclopsdome.com/

Their website leaves a lot to be desired, but the attraction was pretty cool. It's an inflatable dome theater with theater seats that are choreographed to move with the action of the movie, like some of the Disney or Universal Studios attractions.

Full disclosure: they are based here in Colorado. I know one of the guys that works for the company, but I don't work for them.
      Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
      http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Morte615, that's within my budget and I'm always open to hearing new ideas and wouldn't mind chatting with you.

Abunai yes I was there but vending and every time I went to check it out they were packed and I had to run back to the booth, I'd love to actually talk to those guys. Do they have a video or something somewhere??

Originally, I was thinking something along the lines of a bungee drop like at Transworld a couple years ago and having it modified....but the company selling those just stopped returning calls or emails. So....now it's plan b.

Ideally, something that can push through multiple people without too much time, that is priced so that a ROI can be seen on the first season. I would also love something portable I could bring to local fairs and festivals as well as have running in my FEC during the summer.

Comment

here is a sample fro the CyclopsDome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tUUxHzwAAg
          Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

I just got off a 16 hour shift but let me pull some things together and I will send you a private message tomorrow with details.

Comment

Sounds good, thank you!

Also contacted cyclops dome via email, just waiting on a reply.

Thanks for everyone's help, don't be shy to keep suggesting too.

Comment

I contacted the cyclops place also but havent heard from them either. Not a good way to start off. Its been several days and nothing.....

Greg
                Greg Allen
                scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I just heard back from Cyclops tonight, but their wait time is 5 months, so if we're lucky theyd get it out by early October, which is also scary, because I can't imagine more than a few being sold at Transworld with a $20,000 price tag... And for $20,000 I would have loved a bit more information than what was in their email and on their site. I'll have to politely just walk away from any hope of having one of their systems, just not comfortable enough with whats been presented by them this early on to justify pursuing it.

So....any other ideas out there? Only had the cyclops dome and mortes idea....neither of which seem like they'll come to fruition...

Comment

Why not consider adding a 3 minute escape room? We did an operations test in December during our HorrorDays event and it worked out great. We set it up outside our Funhouse exit as an extra attraction. We're adding more escape rooms for this fall. We charged an extra $5 for the escape room and people loved it. I'll be teaching a class on the 3 minute escape room concept during MHC on Friday.

Kelly Collins
                    The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

Zombie Paintball Shooting Gallery would be one... a lot cheaper than the hayride version. Chainsaw wood carvers. Side Show/Freak Show. Magic Show. Parade of giant monsters and actors. Turn an area into a scarezone where you do nothing but make people walk thru an area where you are trying to scare them. We have animated bands. Pumpkin display famous faces carved into pumpkins. Food vendors. I mean the list goes on and on.

I think a zombie paintball hayride is a SIDE attraction that is something you can upcharge. A 3D haunted house. People are even doing this alone haunted houses.
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                      X