Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Families And Helping Them Ou I Am Looking For Golden Hearts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Families And Helping Them Ou I Am Looking For Golden Hearts!

Hey everyone I want to take some of your time just give to you something to think about. First I love living in the South! Tornados in the South are as common as Snow is up North Another thing that's great about the South is strangers come together in tragedy and in a odd way it tends to make ones family grow larger. You never know who your family or friends are till a tragedy hits and the sad part of that is many times you have to lose everything to gain a greater respect for life and the people who come into your lives. Here a tornado can take everything you have worked for in less than a minute yet right after that total strangers are stopping by helping you salvage what you can and pick with the pieces of your life as well as offers of whatever you may need. There is no greater feeling than have a stranger take time from their life to help you when your at your lowest point in life. You feel no one is there and no one cares then it's like you look up and there is an army of soldiers toping the hill and you somehow you know it's going to be ok.

NO ONE KNOW'S TRAGIDY GREATER THAN ME! I had a big well established haunted house ( Disturbia Haunted Attraction Huntsville Alabama ) and due to weather and water damage I ended up with a total loss. I guess with me I was hit with a second blow only to be denied my claim from my insurance company. YES YOU READ RIGHT I WAS TOTALLY COVERED YET THEY HAVE FOUND EVERYWAY IN THE WORLD NOT TO PAY ME. Really this in no surprise I mean what insurance company want's to pay especially when it's a TOTAL LOSS! 20 YEARS OF WORK AND MY LIFE'S COLLECTION GONE! No different had my house burnt the feeling is the same and it's something as hard as you try it's like death of a loved one you can try to move on but you NEVER FORGET what you had or how hard you worked for it. I guess no one is more qualified to ask for help for a family member than me. Yes this post is not about helping myself I am asking help for someone else who is a stranger to me because I know exactly what they are going through and how hard it is. If this has not got your attention by now chances are it's not going to make a difference on how you treat others in your life. But at the least remember IT CAN HAPPEN TO THE VERY PERSON READING THIS IN A BLINK OF AN EYE.

Chris McGowan from the Asylum Haunted House in Chetopa Kansas and LOST EVERYTHING in a fire a few weeks back. He did not have insurance and I guess he's hurting really bad about now for not having it but my comfort to him is I had everything insured and got NOTHING so I suppose it's a double bladed knife, But the important thing here is a family member is alone and hurting. While everyone is living their passion a family member is standing outside with nothing left and really need our help and support in getting him back on his feet. This hurts me emotionally as I am still dealing with a tragic loss myself and I don't wish this on anyone and the only way it's going to go away is for our industry to stand up and come together and help him as the family we say we are. He did not ask for this but we as brothers and sisters needs to come to his aid. My point here is clear I have always tried to do right and help the people in the Industry as well as the Industry as a whole so if you consider me a friend and an extended member of your family would you help him simply because I ask nothing for myself but any and every bit of help you can for Chris. We are such a small Industry and now is the chance to prove we all will stick and ban together in time of need. Just take a minute and ask yourself could I be next? Chris does not know me or that I have made this post but it's bothering me to know someone is hurting. I did see a list of things he's in need of and will try to find it or if you are reading this and have it please post it. If you don't having anything to let go then maybe each haunt could set aside 50 cents from each customer this season maybe gofund me something............ PLEASE SIMPLY BECAUSE I KNOW WE CARE ABOUT EACH OTHER HERE!

**** Please share this post on social media or any other pages you think can help. God Bless And I Love You All!! Shane Dabbs
    Last edited by graystone; 04-17-2015, 10:00 AM.
    sigpic

Found this......

Eight years ago, The Asylum Haunted Attraction was born. With love and commitment we became a pillar for the community. People drove from miles away to come enjoy our haunt as a form of cheap entertainment and to keep kids out of trouble yet active, because in this area there is not a lot to do as it is a rural type community. Building and growing for eight years and seeing it destroyed in a matter of hours was very devastating. We are now reaching out for a helping hand, as The Asylum burned to the ground April 12th, 2015. Our love for this industry is immense and the goal will be to reopen for this haunt season year 2015. Unfortunately there was no insurance on the building or its contents, so anything you have to offer helps.
    People ask why we had no insurance and the truth is I was a rookie in this industry and overtook an old abandoned nursing home that was 3 wings large. I attempted to obtain insurance numerous times but the premiums were so expensive we would have made no money. We grew into an Iconic haunt with this still being a problem. We are now looking at a fresh start with the knowledge, drive, and power to move this haunted attraction to a bigger city but still close to The Asylum’s hometown.
    This may not seem like much to you, but for our haunt family, 8 years collecting all of the below is a huge accomplishment. To see us lose all of it in only in a matter of hours was very devastating to each and every single one of us. At this point any support that we receive is welcomed and very much appreciated. The truth is this is a good way to bring people together to create a safe and fun environment for the community and we have the drive to do so.
    As Walt Disney said “If you can dream it, you can do it”.

Rough List of Items Lost:

1st Wing (Dave Wing West Wing)
    Talking Skeleton Zombie (ran by computer) from I believe Juwwana Studios?
    Boom Stick – 110 Volt
    LED Lighting / Spot Light
    Stereo Head Unit with Speakers for surround 15” Concert speakers on 1st wing of haunt
    X1 Doctor’s outfit (Dave) also seasonal Christmas Santa Outfit
    X1 Serious Clown mask and outfit Black eyes triangle pattern above and below eye area, Clown outfit (Ethan)
    X4 LED Lanterns (Mine Shaft Scene)
    X2 Mega Scream Box’s (Fright Props) – Step Mat X2
    Static Prop lying on floor – dead body
    Flicker Lights X2
    Doctor’s Examination Table
    Television / White noise room multiple TV’s throughout
    Snake Room – Multiple aquariums
    Camo Netting numerous feet
    Cracker Box Octagon Shape noise maker X2 hand controllers
    Hillbilly Costume – Overalls, Wig (Nathan)
    Fog Machine Chauvet brand
    X2 Nurse outfit (Katie and Savannah)
    X1 Ghost Suit outfit (Myself – Mad Man Marz)
    Pneumatic whips, pressure plate, air bubble, solenoid, Pica Boo Controller
    Air tubbing
    Air compressor stand up large tank
    Cave – spray foam kit
    Air Cannon – Air Bubble, Pressure plate, Solenoid, Pica Boo Controller
    2nd Wing (East Wing)
    Black Light and LED’s Kitchen Scene
    Static Prop Female tongue out from fridge
    Body parts and perma blood
    Glassware and appliances
    MadHatter Costume (Bryce)
    Library, lamps, books, LED’s
    Pianno
    Maintenance closet with Socket Set, Saw Saw, impact wrench, screws, medical supply bag, tool box with hand tools
    Custom hair from I Kick Shins.com, Steam Punk girl style outfit (Ally)
    Nurse Outfit (Lynnsey)
    Medical Room – Numerous X8 Black Lights, IV Poles, X3Tables, Circular Saw Prop
    Dead static prop bodies
    Morgue bag – animated
    Medical Hand Tools, trays, glass jars, UV highlighter water
    Monster/zombie mask with chain from neck area (Industrial room)
    Paint Cans
    Air Train Horn, Pressure Plate, Pica Boo Controller, Solenoid
    Vortex – Clown Wing
    Vortex with bridge
    Multiple black lights for vortex and clown area
    55 Gal Drums
    Clown masks and suites (Charity, Nick)
    Stereo Head Unit with Speakers for surround 15” Concert speakers on clown wing of haunt
    Flickering LED’s – Chain Link Fence Maze
    X5 Large Hanging Clown static props different characters
    Chauvet Fog Machine Hurricane 1300 and fog fluid
    Chainsaw fake with audio
    Large Clown Mask name Chubbs? (Joe)
    Clown Mallet tool
    Exiting Vortex to Graveyard
    Multiple Tomb Stones
    Stihl Chainsaw (James)
    Chauvet Fog Machine and Fog Chiller Trash Can
    Strobe Light X2
    Enter back into East Wing
    Static Monster Prop
    Metal Gurney Table
    Multiple rusty tool and hand saws
    Juke type netting
    Baby Doll Room
    Wheel Chair
    Baby Crib – Multiple dolls
    Antique baby stroller
    LED’s
    Dresser
    Unique Costume Large Build (Denise)
    Motion Sensor, Leaf Blower prop
    Bathroom scene – multiple toilets
    Toilet spraying prop, Pressure mat, Solenoid, water spraying kit
    LED’s
    Unique Costume (Brenda)
    X3 3D Pictures on wall with LED’s
    Black skin tight body suit (Nick)
    Wheel Chair
    Claustrophobia Hallway with Air Bags and Blowers
    Animatronic girl prop crawling out of bathroom near Claustrophobia Hallway
    Casket
    (North Wing)
    Stereo Head Unit with Speakers for surround 15” Concert speakers on clown wing of haunt
    Air Cannon, Pressure Plate, Air Bubble, Solenoid, Pica Boo Controller
    Asylum Holding Cell Doors X5
    Hannibal Lecture Prop
    Inmate Nurse (Kala Goff)
    Inmate Nurse (Kala Huffman)
    Maintenance Room – Multiple tools and older props
    Costume Room – Multiple wigs, makeup, air brush/compressor, Shoes/heals, Racks, Lockers, Bloody Mary Blood, Autographed Pictures, Chairs, Table, Mirrors, Lights, Microwave, hair dryer, accessories
    Padded Room
    Straight Jacket (Ronnie)
    Strobe Lights X2
    Metal Tin Hallway
    Door Prop with Television, DVD, in window
    Skeleton Keys
    Medical Tools Table
    Lighted LED dials (When Hinges Creak)
    Metal Autopsy Table
    Medical Tools
    Static Prop Dead Body nude
    Dental Tools
    Strobe Light
    Cabin Scene
    Voo Doo Outfit (Debbie)
    Voo Doo Outfit (Resia)
    Voo Doo Outfit (Tammy)
    Morgue
    X2 Caskets
    Undertaker Static Prop
    LED Lights
    Electric Chair Prop
    Cracker Box
    Haze Machine and Fluid
    Stands for Caskets
    Body Freezers
    Static Body Props
    Black Outfit (Chuck)
    Custom Outfit (Stacy)
    EXIT – Ticket Booth
    Computer
    Register
    T-Shirt Merchandise
    Refrigerator
    Display Cases
    Skeletons X2
    Black Light
    Office Supplies
    Cleaning Supplies
    Bathroom Supplies
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris McGowan & The Asylum Team
    Cell PH: (620) 719-7462
    Home Address: 709 Spruce Street, Coffeyville KS 67337
    Business Address “gone”: 938 West Elm Street, Chetopa KS 67336
    Email: AsylumHauntedAttraction@yahoo.com
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/AsylumHauntedAttraction
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X