X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did that cost?

what did you coat it with?

Comment

It will be hardcoated with ArcusStone and the cost was over what most people pay for their entire haunt....

thx stew
      Last edited by Darksidestew; 04-30-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

How much was the budget to do this work? Do you know?

Comment

I know other estimates were 300,000 for both sides and two signs.

So we beat everyones price based on other estimates. It was 6 figures ..thats all I know....

XtremeCreators always competes with quality and pricing depending what industry we are working for, so dont let this influence you.
          You would be happy on what you get for the money.....Always....

Stew

Comment

Waterfall Test on Foam

First test of waterfalls...can not see the top ones because of the white foam....hardcoat is next...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRymEkdHqjk

Stew
            Attached Files

Comment

Not to take away anything but this is overall a very EASY project to do and one almost ANY haunt owner could do with little to no help. I don't see how that is a 100k project I think materials alone can't be more than 20,000 at most... the sign I know you can buy those if you provided that obviously the price goes up. It looks nice but again this is a project almost ANY haunter could do if you set your mind to it.

The easiest way to get this done is but a ton of DOCK FOAM because its CHEAP!

Again nice job but 300 or even 100k seems STEEP!!!!!!!!!!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

There are 2 mountain waterfalls...

20,000 in materials???

18,000 in 2 lb foam 55 blocks - 17,000 in Arcusstone (over 300 bags)& hardner & Dye & sealer- 6,000 in steel - 8500.00 in(2)waterfall equp. & (2)500 gal. underground basins - (2) 16ft sign rocks.... plus labor,plus lifting equipment, plus lighting for signs & waterfall....it goes on and on .

Also, how can 1 person cut out a rock that is 26ft long 4feet deep and 6ft tall, weighs over 800lbs ...by themselves...AND make it fit the rocks above and below it with steel I beems imbeded.....The walls are for the most part 2 to 7ft thick....really.....

Seriously Larry, your hired.....give us a price for you to do it? I will Pm you.....We have two others to do....LOL

stew
                Last edited by Darksidestew; 05-24-2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I'm seeing about 20k in materials yeah I'm pretty set on that figure. Labor to cut that hmmm it would take about 2 weeks probably. The waterfalls are easy to do there is almost nothing cost wise but a pump. Dont' get me wrong nice job, I'm just questioning this whole 100k or 300k you are talking about. I think you can make that project and make a profit for around 60k. I would have bid that job around 60k... and honestly its a job most haunters should be able to do. Get our foam carving video because this project here is right up that videos' alley. Again great job I'm just questioning the cost... if you are a DYI guy like most in this industry are what do they spend to do something like it... not 100k. No way.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry, stew seems / sounds like the guy to micro-manage things. Perhaps he has a headcount for each section to get things done. If so he may have a crew to just do the iron work, then a crew to carve and possibly one to hard coat. Just guessing by the tone of his post and the way he listed out the things. Just sounds like that type of manager.

I don't know about that cost thing. But when I saw those huge numbers I thought "holy F#%%" .. seriously, no one around this area would pay that much for a sign... except our stupid college. Apparently they paid over a Mil for a stupid sign that doesn't work half the time....

I agree Larry, a good home haunter could essentially do that same job, but the average home haunter wouldn't have a keen idea on how to do a quote on that job... I don't think. I'm also an artist and I know how hard it is to quote jobs when you haven't been doing that very thing for a few years.

I also agree, it's a beautiful job and it's KILLER! I'd love to see it in person some day.

Comment

Larry,

First let me say I dont manage anything. Im a helper.

I was just giving actual costs...I handled the purchasing of the materials...

I looked up several places on the dock foam that you mentioned ...and it is more then what we paid and the blocks are half the size...Unless your going used and beat up.....either way the cost is still up there....

How do you get past the cost of the Arcusstone? It is what it is.....

For 2 waterfall pumps it was 2500.00 EA. for 14,000 gal per hour....

The underground 3000lb. concrete 500gal. basins were 3400.00 each plus the labor to set in the ground....

Not including installing underground overfill drains and the water supply to maintain water level...

How do you get past any of this for just 20,000 in materials and we have not even touch the surface on the materials?

I know they had several vendors price it out and we were over way below the lowest one.

We just quoted/competed our price for THAT INDUSTRY ONLY.

Our prices do not reflect what we do for the Haunted Attractions....just sayin...

Stew
                      Last edited by Darksidestew; 05-28-2015, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Yes you can use beat up dock foam what is the difference you are carving it down... we buy beat up dock foam by the truck loads. Your biggest cost on that project is two things... labor and foam. What does it matter what the foam looks like or what condition its in if you are chopping it up, carving it down, etc. It doesn't.

Again I think you guys did a great job but as we all know this board is for haunters and haunters like to do things themselves and the facade you built can be done for a lot less money than what you quoted. You buy a truck load of dock foam, then carve and glue away, once that is done you could actually simply hire a gunite truck to come and spray the whole entire thing in a matter of hours.

Again for your DIY haunters I'm merely stated how I would do it on a budget and I still believe material wise its under 25,000 all day long which would include the pumps for the waterfall.

Hey with that being said you are not doing this project as a DIY you are doing it as a paid project, and you should get paid for your work. There is nothing wrong with that, but again most haunters are not hiring anyone to do that they would attempt it themselves.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Working...
                        X