No announcement yet.

Use a 3 minute Escape Room to generate income at your haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a vendor at Transworld this year selling and advertising escape rooms and they had prebuilt "controllers" and puzzles and all that.. can't think of their name. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Tyler
    The Black Forest
    THE BLACK FOREST
    22 Years of SCREAMS
    www.facebook.com/BlackForestHaunt

Comment

I've been looking at this a lot the last couple of weeks, but there isn't a lot of info out there other than "Come to ours!!"

You would have to come up with a huge variety of clues/puzzles because the word would spread so quick on what the answer is. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
        I've been looking at this a lot the last couple of weeks, but there isn't a lot of info out there other than "Come to ours!!"

You would have to come up with a huge variety of clues/puzzles because the word would spread so quick on what the answer is. Right?
        Yeah I agree. But like i said, I do specifically remember one vendor having a escape room themed booth and selling little puzzle tables and cabinets and stuff. Guess it's time to go through the 3 hours of video I have from there and try to find it. Lol!

Tyler
        BlackForest
        THE BLACK FOREST
        22 Years of SCREAMS
        www.facebook.com/BlackForestHaunt

Comment

I was thinking about variances etc and one thing that keeps coming to mind is having some really grimey "hiding spots" that clues point to. Either use a key on a wire (to keep from being taken etc) or using buttons etc. Make the patrons put their hands in grimey, slimey stuff to find the buttons to push. I am being very careful with throughput in our haunt with this room, we don't want it too easy and we don't want it 'simple' even if they are told what to look for. Being in our haunt we have to be careful to make sure "setup" is to a minimum. So we're thinking of utilizing buttons whether used / pressed in tandem or w/e. Our "engineer" will be watching the room and group every minute. He'll be working with the "controller" who controls the groups entry etc, as to keep it flowing well.

Comment

Kelly, awesome seminar well worth the drive. Thank you for sharing! Very innovative and fun. Great ideas, if you missed it sucks to be you! lol

Greg
            Greg Allen
            scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
            www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

There was a company at MHC selling escape game puzzles that seemed pretty cool. I'm betting everyone from A to Z is going to open an escape game now. This might be a great for haunters to create revenue year around. We are on the fast track to learning and hoping this thread stays red hot for a while with updates.

Comment

We値l be starting on construction soon on our second escape room. This one will have a hillbilly/cabin/swamp shack type theme. Still working on the game aspect, but we値l figure it out.

Hoping Transworld is interested in having me present the 3 minute escape room concept at the show in March. My class at MHC was packed full of attendees and I致e had dozens of them follow up afterwards letting me know they are building their own 3 minutes escape rooms for this season. I知 already talking with a couple potential sponsors willing to provide us with prizes for groups who solve the challenge in time.

Kelly Collins
                The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

the escape room

I am worried everyone and their mother will open one. I have been to a few that are not very good. and yes there was a company selling them at trans for crazy money. You get a box with a lock and key and some paper so you can build it all yourself. Please if you are going to open one please make it good. Dont rip people off cause you are going to ruin it for everyone. I am currently running two haunts that use escape the room ideas/concepts but bringing it to a whole new level. I call these "Interactive Haunted Houses". We are known for this style of haunting. Its a complete story from start to finish, has multiple endings, options and paths. This style is not for everyone, but I love it!!

I will be speaking at Chicago Frights about this escape the room and interactive haunting in July. How to turn your current haunt into one and make money year round.

2016 trans I hope you do speak I would love to see it.

Peter T
                  Owner
                  FS
                  Fables Studios
                  Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
                  https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Our 3 minute escape rooms were a hit this weekend! Our haunt was open Friday and Saturday nights and we promoted our two escape rooms on our web site and Facebook and at the ticket window. 49% of our customers bought $5 tickets for the escape rooms. Our goal was 30%, so we greatly exceeded our projections. We had one room last December that we tested during HorrorDays and we realized then that 1 room wouldn稚 be enough.

Now I wish we had at least 3 rooms. Fortunately ...we built a large queue line but I have a feeling that if we maintain nearly 50% of our customers to try one of the escape rooms, that we値l quickly fill up the queue line and need another room. The extra $5 per person is a nice bonus. Our alternative if our queue line gets too long, we値l stop selling tickets.

Our customers loved it. Some customers bought tickets for both rooms. Anyone else trying the 3 minute escape room? If so, how was your experience.

Kelly Collins
                    The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

Working...
                    X