Timed Ticketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timed Ticketing

Ok this is where this Forum really shines.... looking into timed ticketing. I know it can run the gambet from as simple as selling them a colored ticket or handling them a reusable token: ie: blue tickets from 6 to 7, red tickets 7 to 8.... bat token 6 to 7, mummy token 7 to 8. To online and/or computer ticketing systems.

So what have people used? Type of system or name of program. What are the pros and cons of your chosen system, what would you do differently if you did it over?

Show us how you shine!!! Inquiring minds what to know!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

this is a good question..

I knew some haunts that used cards, and each night they would switch between colors, suits and numbers. I have not personally used this method, but I am looking into ticketing similar to times like a theater or movie.. But this is for off season... not during Oct. I can post after next year and let you know how it goes... Ha ha.. Seriously.. I will..

Peter T
    FS
    Fables Studios
    Your Home For Horror

www.FablesStudios.com
    https://www.facebook.com/FablesStudios

Comment

Timed ticketing is an awesome concept and the haunted houses who do use it have had great success. I can name a couple haunts are are completely timed ticketing: Headless Horseman and Eastern State Penn. They swear by timed ticketing... the problem you run into is you are totally changing how you do business and sell tickets. This will take marketing effort on your part to explain this and change the culture of your attraction.

I personally would love to do timed ticketing but I'm afraid of the downfalls of it as well... I think most haunters sell speed passes which essentially gives the customer exactly what they want the ability to walk in when the show up however they pay a higher price for that. Again my fear is if you go to timed ticketing you could lose speed ticket upgrades, people might think you can't buy tickets at the door so they wont' show, and by doing timed ticketing you are more or less moving most of your ticket sales to DIGITAL meaning ONLINE!

I do see a day when you don't even have ticket sellers anymore you do everything via your cell phone, kiosks, or something along these lines. I'm not ready to try timed ticketing but it might be something you can't avoid.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We’ve been selling timed tickets through Ticketleap for about 3 years. We love it and our numbers of timed tickets have doubled every year. We have two queue lines; one for general admission and one for timed tickets/VIP passes. When people buy timed tickets, their instructions are to print off their ticket or produce it on their phone and show it to the greeter at the entry door. They by-pass the outside queue line (people waiting to purchase general admission tickets) and they proceed to the rules room, then go directly to the inside ticket window. They show their timed ticket to the ticket person who scans it then gives them a VIP ticket (same ticket we sell on-site to VIP’s/speed pass). Next they proceed directly to the VIP/Timed ticket line for quick admission to the haunt. We limit the number of timed tickets sold every 30 minutes. We alternate entry into the haunt; one group of VIP line, then one group from general admission line. Unless the VIP line gets long, then we’ll send two groups from that line, then one from general admission.

We charge $3 more for timed tickets and we don’t accept coupons for them (so we’re getting the full amount). Also they pay a buyers fee of about $1.50 per ticket. A lot of people like this option; they can purchase their tickets for their teens with a credit card and drop them off at their chosen time. Sometimes people arrive early or late and we just send them in when they arrive.

I wish you luck Rich. You can call me or Neena (she’s our timed ticket expert) with any questions, but we definitely like selling timed tickets. Neena runs a report around 5:00 each day and tells me how many tickets were already sold for that night. That’s money in the back before we open our doors!

Kelly Collins
        The ScareAtorium

Comment

Damn Kelly, now I REALLY feel bad missing you guys in Vegas. We could have discuused timed ticketing AND your 3 min escape!!! Of course this is Vegas....there may have been a few "distractions"! Good luck on your seminar ....video tape it!
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Aren't all the haunt tours done with timed ticketing? When we visited The Darkness we had to show up at a certain time. I like the concept.

Comment

Working...
            X