Black Light Mini Golf codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Light Mini Golf codes

I'm trying to get some information regarding building and fire codes in relation to indoor black light mini-golf. I've been doing some research on my own, as we're considering buying a building. Does anyone happen to know if black light mini-golf is classified as a "Special Amusement Building" according to the International Fire Code (our town uses this code)? I've been reading the code, but it was written in 2006, back before many people even knew what black light mini-golf was. I would be grateful for any information anyone cares to share.
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Larry probably knows having installed quite a few. My educated guess woukd be YES. Since there is no specific haeding, it is SPECIAL and is is an AMUSEMENT. Most likely the best choice
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

We have built about 100 or more black light mini golf attractions and let me tell you there is a double standard between a mini golf which is deemed FAMILY entertainment and a haunted house which is perceived as a teen attraction. With a haunted house they run you thru the ringer with a mini golf fire marshals don't even really give it a second thought. They ask very little if anything but some fire exits, a few e-lights, and really nothing more. We have never really ran into a major issue building or installing a mini golf. The bottom line is you want to create a layout and submit it and do many of the things you would do normally with electrical but overall very little to nothing compared to a haunted house. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
      X