Zombie Zipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombie Zipline

Just got back from the Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge area in the Smokey Mountains in TN and saw an idea that was totally new to me. There are many zipline courses in the area so competition is fierce. Two of them just started up a haunted type zip line attraction. I only saw the set-up of one of them. They combined the zipline with paintball guns and you shoot at zombies while you are ziplining. They haven't been doing it long so they are still working out the bugs. I saw a potential safety issue since if you wanted to shoot at other customers instead of the zombies you would be able to do that. They have tried it a few different ways and are still sort of experimenting with it..which probably isn't the best idea. They may have to limit the paint gun use to just the towers you take off from and land on so the guns can be secured. Like I said its still a work in progress but I can see the potential. Just thought I would share the idea since I know lots of farm based haunts are adding zip lines for daytime activities and this could be a way to make some extra cash and put their zip lines to use when they are normally closed. The amount of customers that you can run through in one night might not make it worth the effort. Anyway...it's something to think about.

Did you take pictures? I'd love to see some!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Do you have a video of this on youtube?

Comment

They weren't very talkative to me after they found out I'm a haunter. There wasn't too much to see. Mostly some home made zombies and other things that could be easily removed for the day and quickly set out for night. I did just find out from a different employee that they had already settled on a final version when I was there. It will be sort of a survive a zombie attack theme. You will do the zipline and it will have the same theming I saw. After the zipline part you drop into an armory and pick a paint gun or air soft gun. Then it turns into a zombie attack haunted woods attraction. The haunted woods part was almost completed when I was there but they didn't tell me anything about I...which is understandable with them knowing I could be competition and it was a new idea they had made up....and there is already someone else in town starting the same thing. For right now it is still low budget until tourist season ends in October. If it does really well the next few months they will make improvements.
        I'm still concerned about the safety element. Even if they send out a guide with each group there is still much opportunity to shoot at other customers, lighting, generators, etc. I'll be back in the area on business in a couple months and will try it out and see if I can get some photos/video.

Larry--- Didn't you make the 3-d Circus Golf and Mirror Maze a few years ago? It has held up really good...especially seeing how much it is abused. A family behind us were letting the kids beat the hell out of everything with the golf clubs. A couple of the TV's for the video effects were really needing to be replaced but that was all I noticed. They have dropped the price down to just $5 for each attraction so they had some good crowds.

Comment

I love zombies anything zombie related. For someone who digs zombies its a nice time to be alive. Zombies have been commercialized into every type of amusement attraction. I myself would like to see some videos of this or a link to a website to learn more details.

Comment

Zipline Safety

On our commercial zipline tour safety is priority one, and having a guest carry anything in hand to distract them is just asking for trouble. Sounds cool, but not worth the risk in my mind. We offer a Halloween zipline tour, where the guest get to fly through Spookywoods during the haunt. Then once back on the ground 2 hours later, they are treated to the VIP line of the haunt.
            Tony Wohlgemuth,
            Comes up with the fun stuff!
            Kersey Valley, Inc.
            www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

Working...
            X