Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unit 70- Trying to find Shane Dabbs, again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit 70- Trying to find Shane Dabbs, again!

Thanks to everyone who contacted us when we were trying to get in touch with Shane Dabbs.
    We appreciate the help.

We had hoped to have some good news and say that Shane has paid back the money he owes us. Unfortunately that is not the case.
    We were able to talk to him and he did remember getting a large order from us but thought he had already paid the balance...
    Needless to say, we never received a payment BUT, as we told Shane, we will gladly look at any kind of record that may show how /how much/ when a payment was made.
    Shane had promised he will have proof of payment several months ago, but we haven't heard from him since and now we're unable to reach him.

So, once again, we are asking for your help. Any help / tips on how to reach him would be appreciated.

We have been very patient with Shane so far and we're still hoping that this is nothing but an unfortunate misunderstanding.
    We're just trying to get this matter resolved so we don't have to turn it over to our attorney. Thanks again.

That sucks! Shane was always the one screaming the loudest when vendors stiffed buyers no it seems the rolls are reversed. You can't have it both ways vendors need to deliver as promised to buyers or refund their money and buyers should pay their bills to vendors for services rendered. Unit 70 is one of the most upstanding companies in the business. It was probably a mistake on their part to ship anything without payment, but if you trust people you trust people. When vendors don't get paid as promised it makes it bad for the rest of us because trust is lost between the two sides of this industry. I think Unit 70 has been more than patient in this matter and Shane even though he might be doing other things now needs to get these guys paid.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Isn't this the same guy who had all the issues with not giving people a mask they paid for? Was that ever resolved? Appears this guy doesn't do what he says he's going to do!

Comment

I'm not sure if that was Shane's fault or not but clearly the person who didn't get their mask was upset with Shane. I do think the guy did get their mask. On a different note I've seen some of the posts from Shane claiming he fights for buyers against bad vendors. How can you put yourself in this situation when Shane has blown his horn so often on these very same topics. There is no excuse for it and the respect level has dropped for Shane. I agree with Larry that this is a two way street vendors and buyers alike should be held accountable and not one over the other. Shane needs to get this taken care of.

Comment

As a business person, I find it very poor form to air this type of thing on a discussion board. If a customer is behaving as Unit 70 claims, it is a legal matter, and not for public consumption. A simple letter from a lawyer usually wakes people up. (it costs some money but at least it is dealing with issues in a professional manner)

"Upstanding" is not how I would describe this company and this is purely based on this discussion and the one posted in April.
          Last edited by Grey Lady; 06-30-2015, 08:17 PM.
          greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

I don't totally disagree with you however and let me say I like Shane but he's hammered vendors for years... he owes Unit 70 $18,000.00. Bo has waited patiently for almost two years. He tried to contact Shane over and over again no return calls or emails. Then finally he posted here on Hauntworld, Shane called him back. From what I understand Shane said he paid this already, and would get a cancelled check to prove it... he has not produced a cancelled check and now Bo tries to recontact him Shane won't return any calls or emails.

The bottom line is Shane owes Unit 70 a lot of money and rather go the nuclear route he was merely asking if anyone on here has any better luck getting in touch with Shane. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. If someone owed you $18,000 you'd be doing anything and everything you could to get in touch and resolve the issue.

I just can't believe Unit 70 ever shipped them anything without payment up front. But it goes to show what a great company Unit 70 really is trusting people.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
              As a business person, I find it very poor form to air this type of thing on a discussion board. If a customer is behaving as Unit 70 claims, it is a legal matter, and not for public consumption. A simple letter from a lawyer usually wakes people up. (it costs some money but at least it is dealing with issues in a professional manner)

"Upstanding" is not how I would describe this company and this is purely based on this discussion and the one posted in April.
              You Obviously do not know Unit 70. They are as good as it gets if they felt they needed to come here, then it was for good reason and all other options exhausted. This is how the industry voices their concerns when they have no other recourse. If vendors can get trashed then so can deadbeat buyers. Let's not pretend all buyers are good business people.

Jake

Comment

Working...
              X