Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Promo Video/Production Question - Who to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promo Video/Production Question - Who to use?

Who do you use to produce your promo videos? Do you search out a local video production company? If you use local, are there any tips to find the right production house? Most that I have come across do weddings and corporate videos. I’m just wondering how good they’ll do with a haunt.

Start interviewing those guys! See if they're passionate about what you want them to film. If they're trying to figure out how much money is involved for them... you don't want them. You want someone who buys into your vision and has the experience to deliver. Money can be negotiated. Pent-up creative types are always stuck doing wedding videos and corporate events... and they have a creative flame burning inside just waiting to sink their teeth into something they really care about! You want THAT guy.

I have used a wide variety of video guys over the years, and I have finally found a great match. I had some college kids make a video for me, it was very creative and awesome, but they didn't manage the digital content too well, and the video was almost unusable. The audio was very muddy and somehow the original footage was deleted... They had awesome creative, but lacked the experience to manage the equipment and editing side.

More recently, I was in Fastenal, of all places, and the guy behind the counter saw my shirt and started rambling on and on about how he makes zombie movies and he also shoots weddings and corporate videos when he has to. I asked for a copy of his movie (it was awesome) and he has been doing video production since last year. He is passionate about filming creative and horror stuff... and that is the most important thing to me when I hire a video guy. We start filming next month for our next series of videos!
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback! That's exactly what I needed to hear.

Comment

Strange Dream

We used Strange Dream Films last year, really professional guys that know what they're doing and are really passionate about it. They're out of the PA/NY area, I'd highly recommend getting in touch with them if you're looking for any sort of commercial or promo video, pretty reasonable rates. http://www.strangedream.tv
        Mike Quill
        Fear Town Haunted House

Comment

For the past 10 years or so we at Pirates of Emerson have used Danny Fitzsimmons of Definite Video Productions.
          He now does all of our commercials, years end video and tons of stuff in between. If you have footage, he can create some awesome video from it!
          Danfitzsimmons@definitevideo.com
          or facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Defin...378905?fref=ts
          http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Working...
          X