Creative Crowdfunding Rewards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Crowdfunding Rewards!

So let's face it, no businessman ever really wants to swallow their pride and ask for crowdfunding most of the time. I, am certainly no exception. My business partner in my haunt complex passed away suddenly and unexpectedly, and due to long and lengthy stories, I am left without the funding and responsibilities he was responsible for.

So I debated selling everything and closing shop. That was an emotional response.

Then my volunteers threatened to murder me. That was their emotional response.

We got a little level headed after some long talks, and decided to move on with this year in Olek's honor.

But how do you raise all the money to pay the bills? My obligations were held up. I exhausted my financial resources...so what to do?

GoFundMe was NOT what I wanted to do. At all. But, we had some fun thinking of cool "what if this works" rewards...and there's some good ones!

I want anyone who is able and willing to help support us feel as if they are getting something in return, that they feel rewarded for helping us out...so we got creative.

This isn't your average GoFundMe, no, this isn't a sob story, this isn't a "poor me" story, it's a "We can do this, we will do this, and we will fight for us, but we need all the help we can get" story, and for being a part in that story, you get to be a part of our story. SERIOUSLY.

Rewards include having your picture put up in our serial killer newspaper room IN THE HAUNT! (So you can be a part of us wherever you are in the country), for those a little more adventurous, one of volunteers donated the use of their families CNC machine to create CUSTOM NAME TOMBSTONES for a brand new elegant cemetery scene that is being incorporated into our queue line... We aren't just doing t-shirts and bumper stickers, we want you INVOLVED! If you're local, you can even purchase tickets to an exclusive GoFundMe night, where we open JUST for the people who donated on GoFundMe for a special lights out glow stick tour. There's 15 (yes, FIFTEEN) different options and levels, or you can choose your own donation amount.

I swallowed plenty of pride to resort to this, and I certainly do not wish to cause any more headache for the haunt industry (which is just CONSTANTLY bombarded with crowdfunding), but I cannot express enough how truly important this actually is. We absolutely need to be able to pay our bills, and move forward with this year, and I feel that our unique rewards should help us stand out and really make all who donate feel that they were a true part of helping something spectacular!

Our link is www.GoFundMe.com/KeepScreaming

Check it out, and feel free to PM me with your feedback! I understand that as an industry, a lot is asked of us all the time, but I urge you to atleast check out what we've put together, and even if you cannot or do not wish to donate, it would mean the world to us if you could help spread the link and share our message.

All the best!
    Bobby

Scream,
    I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your partner, my deepest sympathies to you.
    I wish you the best of luck with your very creative go fund me page.
    Jan
    Last edited by Grey Lady; 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM.
    greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

Working...
    X