Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Haunters

Hey Everyone,

Just a random question for the many professional haunters here.

We are in the process of securing our location - and we've looked at buildings from 6k square foot all the way to 30k.

My question for the community here is - have you ever done a 4k square foot attraction and had it be impactful and had folks coming back? Right now we have enough walls to do 7 to 10k square foot but just think it would be a ton of filler based on our budgets, etc.

I see these giant scream parks that have 5 haunts, and love them but for us to get our start we are looking for the first few years doing smaller footprints, just not sure if this has been successful in the past.

Just curious to see if anyone else started out with the smaller footprint and then expanded over the years.

Thanks everyone,

Kevin

I think its important that you get the biggest space you can afford even if that means that you don't use all the space the first year. Always leave yourself room to grow. I will say this though... don't be in a rush to build out the whole space make sure what you do is done great so the smaller the space the better the build out but again leave space and room to grow. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think a lot of it has to do with what your market has to offer. Are there already established big haunts in your area?

Unfortunately the mentality is "bigger is better" as far as haunt square footage is, but I firmly believe you can do a great haunt in a small space. If you are buying, I would definitely suggest what Larry said and allow yourself room to grow. But if you are looking for a yearly lease, I would start small and work your way up.

I'd much rather go through a small, high impact, high scare, haunt than an empty warehouse with a few actors that are spread too thin. You can also optimize your haunt space by making plenty of twists and turns and have corridors for your actors to get several scares into a small space.
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Working...
      X