LED Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Projector

Hadn't looked into this for awhile. I got a deal on a projector I use a couple years ago. Ran across a couple...boy has the price dropped with the use of LEDs !!!

This one includes shipping:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Home-Ci...item2c98582b04

While I might question a home use in a room with a bunch of ambient light, under our normally dark conditions this might work quite well!! And under a $100 it's worth the try!!

You might couple this with the thread to upscale the Hologram effect!!! OK Larry or another vendor, maybe someone start creating some cool Haunt style hologram effects....
    (the butterfly and jelly fish just might not cut it!!)

$_12.JPG

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

It's amazing how cheap everything is compared to 10 years ago or whatever... back when i started in this business if you wanted a projector you'd spend 5 to 8 thousand dollars. There is so much you can do with these smaller projects its not even funny. Thanks for the find. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It only has a resolution of 320 x 240. That's pretty bad, so don't expect crisp video. I know it says it does 1080P, but it's really just down converting an HD signal to the lower resolution. It would be cool as long as you don't need crisp clear video. You will not get HD out of this projector.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can remember when projectors use to cost thousands now they are all super cheap. Rich thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Jon Hyers take on Projectors, and THIS little one

HI: On this $56 dollar projector, that is one of [most likely] thousands of new ones, from China that are LED and very very cheap, I would LOVE to try to convince people that they will be happy with them, because I would in fact "times-10ple" my sales of Halloween and Christmas DVDs. Since it's my 20th year in business this year, good projectors have become important to really….BE HAPPY with your projections. I will say $56 is certainly worth the gamble for a small area, so SURE for a ghost effect in a dark area, it will work. The specs sadly, like many….LIE. Their own broken English says Enjoy HD video with this 320 x 240 image. NOPE NO NOPE NO NO FREAKIN WAY! But you could do Ghosts on a small area, more than likely. But nothing that is supposed to be sharp.

I offer any of you who read my comments, my newly released, and FREE video about picking a video Projector. I should mention, I don't sell projectors. Too much hassle for me. I just like doing the Visual Effects and animations, that's FUN to me. Let me try putting in the URL and see if it works:https://youtu.be/9ZEreCg6adg

Larry Kirschner is correct, that when we started, projectors were $5-8,000 AND more. Why, today Movie Theater Video Projectors [that is what they are digital video] are $100k - $200k dollars. One very interesting MAJOR point I make very well in my 27 minute video is, buying a formerly NEW and expensive projector used, often for 1/20th of the original cost. How long will they last??? Watch my video for my 15+ years of experience with used projectors. I personally DO NOT BELIEVE any of the LED projectors are going to last 20,000 hours. One power surge and BLAM!!! i am sure of that. I also feel all the other parts of a commercial unit are going to last way longer. Watch my video and you will have a much better idea of what to do.

ALL I used is USED projectors, with exception of a 5000 lumen HD one, HP Optoma, MADE IN THE USA, in most ALL MOVIE THEATERS NOW [Hewlett Packard HP], it was $1300 and well worth the stunning picture from Blueray, freaking looking out a window it is!!! JON HYERS

Comment

In one of the old Kevin McCurdy DVD's there was a scene where a guy crawled out of a cup on a shelf. I'd like to see more small details like that and now with these projectors being so cheap no one has the excuse. With all the affordable projectors haunters could be doing all kinds of small FX that only the hard core haunter with an eye for detail could pick up on. Creating small FX with projectors is a lost art in the haunt industry hoping to see it come back.

Comment

Not worth it -

So I bought one of the projectors pictured in the first post - Figured it was cheap enough to give a chance. When I plugged it in it worked easy enough and was plenty bright for haunt needs. The big problem is no matter how you mess with the settings the image is VERY pixelated - From about 8-10 feet away you can clearly make out what almost look like blocks instead of small pixels.

This projector may work for small things where you can have the projector a few feet from the projection....but anything needing the projector to be more than 8 feet away from where you want the image just looks really bad.

I say instead jump on ebay and look for used projectors - for about $35- $55 more you can get a really nice used one. I just snagged two yesterday, an "Optoma TX727 DLP Home Theater Projector 1400x1050 2200 lumens" for $85, and a "NEC VT595 Projector 2000 ANSI 1024x768, 4:3, Built-In Speaker" for $66

Comment

Working...
              X