Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nights are growing darker...

and we're all getting ready.

The cannibalistic butcher's sharpening his knives--probably grunting through his piglike snout--is it real, or is he wearing a pigs head?

The depraved doctor is prepped for the coming vivisections.

The evil children are full of giggles as crazed clowns dance with scar stretched smiles.

Mad scientists will cackle, and vampires will hiss.

Over and over and over again. In this haunt, and the one down the street, and the one rated best by a travel channel or a haunt magazine, or a website. The only real differences being the layout of the haunts and the skill with which each well worn scare is brought to fruition--skill, mind you, that is appreciated more by haunters than it is by hauntees.

I, too, will engage in this endless honing--I've got a pig mask in a mold right now. What I want to know is--What's new? What hasn't been seen before? Who has something that will work it's way into the repertoire?

Oh, I know you can't really tell. I understand that we can come together to make what's already in the repertoire better--but giving away that new thing, that new idea isn't a thing any of us would do. But we can say now, before the season, if we think we may have something. If we think we've got a new idea....and then see if it comes out during or after the season.

Last year, I took something that had been done a few times and gave it a twist, bringing in a few other elements to an established idea. Was it unique? Probably not--but I'd never heard of my twist, only the basic idea.

So, do you have new ideas?
Working...
X