Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Monster Protection Necklaces" Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Monster Protection Necklaces" Opinions?

Hey all,

I recently purchased a video from John Denley / Boneyard (highly recommend) and in one part of the video he went over the concept of selling "Monster Protection Necklaces." Basically, they are some type of light-up necklace that signals for your actors to tone down the scare (or not scare at all.)
    Have you had experience with this? If so, is it a big seller? Do you think it "ruins the quality of your show" as one local haunt told me? Sound off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aidan P. Finnegan
    Partner
    Grave Gear Studios
    www.GraveGear.com

Specializing in Custom Audio and Music for the babes of the Haunted Attraction Industry!

Low Scare Night

I know that my haunt used to do a LOW Scare Night. You don't want to tone down just for one person, because then the people in that group may think it is lame and not scary. Offer a Low Scare Night one a season, or on a certain day each week, but before your regular hours.
    Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    312.613.7326 Mobile
    847.550.6560 X 102 Office
    844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

It depends on your target audience.

We (still a home haunt) cater to families with small children whom they can't take to the much scarier pro haunts.

If we only catered to 13+ year olds, we wouldn't offer the bracelets.
      Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
      http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

A haunt I volunteered at did a "lights on" tour for younger kids once a season.
        It was pretty much a "trunk or treat" event, where kids could dress up and bring
        buckets/pales for trick or treating in the haunt. The safety lights were turned on,
        gory scenes were hidden, and actors dressed in tone down outfits to hand out
        candy. It totally changed the mood of the haunt, but A lot of parents liked it as it
        wasn't too scary for the kids. Once that was over, it was back to business hehe.

Comment

We don't advertise it, but we offer it for parents with kids who are otherwise starting to chicken out about going inside. We tell them the group will still get the same show, but if any monster or maniac heads toward the child, they can use the glow stick to ward them off. (It gives the kid a sense of power and protection.) Realistically, however, very, very few come to our haunt with younger kids. They know it's a high scare venue and is targeting college students. It's not a big money maker, except that it speeds up the line from an indecisive kid (or sometimes, student) from slowing down the throughput. We also reassure them that they can leave if it gets too intense at any of our numerous chicken exits.
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
          X