Cheese cloth alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese cloth alternative?

I remember a while back on this post someone posted an alternative to cheesecloth I believe its used to wrap meats but can't find the material. Any ideas? Thanks

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
    I remember a while back on this post someone posted an alternative to cheesecloth I believe its used to wrap meats but can't find the material. Any ideas? Thanks
    I've found cheesecloth in lots of areas in retail stores, depending on the company. Some places keep it with plastic wrap and stuff like that. I have also found it with tupperware, arts and crafts, and several other areas I've forgotten about lol

An alternative I've found if you don't mind the fibers being a little tighter and less...loose? You know the old fashioned cloth diapers you can buy? The cheap ones that just create a leaky mess? You can get a ten pack of Gerber brand on Amazon for 12 bucks. So not necessarily a cheap, alternative, but they may be easier to acquire in your area. That being said, you are limited on your size, as they are diaper sized, not a continuous roll

Comment

cheese cloth is fine. I just remember a while back someone mentioned material I believe used to wrap meat is similar to cheesecloth and on a spool.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
        cheese cloth is fine. I just remember a while back someone mentioned material I believe used to wrap meat is similar to cheesecloth and on a spool.

Thanks
        Should be called "Butcher's Wrap" or something to that effect.

Edit* Meat Netting.

http://www.amazon.com/Meat-Netting-S...words=meat+net
        Last edited by Hacksaw; 09-15-2015, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Here is what you are looking for. Great material!
          http://trentonmills.com/halloween_spiderwebs.htm
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
          X