You might want to check the most viewed haunted house list in your state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might want to check the most viewed haunted house list in your state

Why are all the haunts listed in each state most viewed list showing same city. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a reason Im not aware of?

same city listing

Yep its the same here in Arkansas as well
    Reluctant to by advirtisement on Hauntworld until this is fixed

Comment

I guess I'm confused what you are saying maybe you can explain that a bit better.

Are you saying that it shows same top viewed haunts in the state as the city... look the site is massive and we are constantly trying to track down errors. I noticed that all the states are showing the wrong featured articles as well. Its non-stop constant updating and repairing. Right now its the least of my worries however what is suppose to show up is nothing but the haunts who purchase featured listings and NO ONE ELSE. So I'm fixing that right now... the haunt who is #1 in Arkansas is already no longer number one if you didn't notice. You bring stuff to our attention we'll look into it.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

same city

I hope I can explain better...On the page where it says click on a state near you I click Arkansas as you mentioned and go to most viewed not top ten haunts. It is showing all listings in Jacksonville and Missouri as of yesterday it was showing all listings in St Louis. I just noticed it and was just mentioning it. Im not referring to top rated and who rated number one. I thought I was bringing it to someones attention by posting a thread because it seems to be all states. I thought that was the forums are for. I understand its a massive site and I thought I was being helpful but I guess it wasn't received that way.
        Last edited by tenthirtyone; 09-23-2015, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Couple things... I still don't understand what you are saying. I click on Arkansas and it takes me to the correct page and everything is correct on the page.

If you are questioning why are their listings on the Arkansas page that aren't from Arkansas its because people can pay for being on any state they want if you pay for it. So you don't have to be in Arkansas to be listed in Arkansas you just have to pay for it... people are no longer just visiting the haunt in their small little town they are going across the country to visit haunted houses.

Additionally you have several haunts are in pockets where they draw from multiple states.

If this is what you mean then that is the answer. If its not then I'm still confused on what you are asking.

But to my previous point we always take all comments and concerns serious and I look into everything and consider everything. All I was saying is the site is pretty massive and I don't catch every problem but when I do I try to get them fixed.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

Same city

hey larry READ the first post...example go to maryland ..most veiwed haunts all have the same city baltimore,,not all of those haunt are in baltimore

Comment

OIC what you are saying... hmmm interesting.

Okay let me check into that.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Couple updates here... and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

1) the issue with all the cities names being the same in most viewed will be fixed.

2) most views no more cheating on this one... page 1 will ONLY show the top views for page one. Page two will show top views for page two and so on... so you can't be on page three meaning FREE and be most viewed anymore. So if you want to be most viewed in say Missouri you need to be on PAGE ONE ONLY!

3) We are also changing the logic for the stats who don't have featured articles... if you state does not have a featured article it will show the top 10 most recent uploaded featured article.

So to make a long story short we addressed everything here.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Fixed. Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President