Prop hasn't shipped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop hasn't shipped.

Laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair this afternoon after hanging up with a good prop manufacturer who exhibits at Transworld. All names are withheld to protect the innocent.

Anyway; I bought a used prop from a haunter. Still waiting for controller for it. It is a prop that the year it debuted at Transworld everyone loved it. This individual delivered stuff to me 6 weeks ago. But 4 items were missing from shipment. One of those items was actually part of 2014's purchase from them that never shipped. In 2014 I bought airbag system...got the fans but never got the bags. So I have been waiting for the controller and video player for 6 weeks. "It is coming...you will get it". I expect you will see my idea of how to use with the waist high airbags "swamp room style" on show floor of Transworld next year. Just wished I could have actually used my idea before everyone else went nuts over the idea. Maybe I'll get my airbags for 2016...or 2017 after everyone else installs my idea into their haunt.

Well after running 2 weeks without this other prop I called the prop maker directly to see if they could send me the controller I need. Gave them the details of who I bought it from (so they could verify they had sold one to the guy) and why I needed them to ship me the controller and video. The funny thing is...the same guy is unhappy with them because they can not get a prop to him within days of prop being paid for last week. I'm waiting 2 years for my stuff...and they are unhappy now. Told them to charge my parts to the guys account.

Us haunters are one screwed up bunch.

Wicked Farmer

Sad but true,,,

I feel your pain.
    Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 10-07-2015, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Sawdust you seem to have a serious axe to grind with successful Haunters. Either you are an overly angry, or jealous person or possess an inferiority complex but you should hate on successful Haunters you should admire them. If those guys never became successful there wouldn't be much hope for any of the rest of us to become successful. They earned their stripes through hard work and business savvy, appreciate their efforts and stop with the belief that they are elitists too good for the rest of us.

Jake

Comment

The guy I am razzing on this...

is a friend. Heck I offered to help him set up planning his families trip to Disney World as I have done Disney about 6 times in last ten years. Just waiting for him to see this and call me.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

You are entitled to your opinion, I to mine.

Hey Wicked,

A friend, hunh? Sounded to me like you were speaking of at least two different situations / people and not just one. Your comment certainly puts a big question mark in my head as to which prop making Transworld vendor dropped the ball. Versus contacting your friend direct you thought it better to come here and put a question mark on all Transworld vendors? Feels like an implied threat if you ask me.

Deathwing,

You are entitled to your opinion, I to mine. Who said I was speaking only of successful haunters? Who says I am not a successful haunter? Who said I was not speaking of certain vendors?

You said "If those guys never became successful there wouldn't be much hope for any of the rest of us to become successful. They earned their stripes through hard work and business savvy, appreciate their efforts and stop with the belief that they are elitists too good for the rest of us."

I totally disagree with your generalized comment above, it is nonsense. You speak only for yourself. You have no idea who I am, who I know, what experiences I have had in life and this industry... so please don't assume otherwise. Thanks.
          Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 10-08-2015, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Well Sadust;

It is one person who for last couple years started exhibiting. Makes great stuff that so far has never broken down. But tomorrow will be 3rd weekend I am open without two props this year...one of them for 2nd year. I am ready to cut ties with Dimensions of Darkness.

He was trying to make up for last year as who he delaegated responsibility to never came through shipping the air bags. Just letting me use one of his props this year...no charge. Gave me great deals as we trade a lot. hE HAS SOME OF MY PROPS RIGHT NOW. But; this has gone too far...too long. This was last ditch effort to get some type of response..or update.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Airbags...

Sounds like you already paid for them, but George Maser, who posts on here occasionally, supplies good quality airbags and fans and could probably have you one shipped out lickety-split. I bought one two years ago and was very pleased with the product and service.

That said, they are a heavier duty material, and not the easily cut parachute / nylon rip-stock material. They also have the paper the Fire Marshall wants to see laminated right to the airbag to indicate its flame-retardedness or whatever.

George Maser
              864-761-7223
              Last edited by SAWDUST JONES; 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Think stuff is on the way

Got a text today said to expect packages today with airbags, controller, ankle ticklers with controller and controller for breakthrough Zombie door. Also told me to keep Chainsaw Pig Attack. which he was loaning me "for the delays". The pig through the door is their chainsaw cutting a door then pig with chainsaw comes through drop panel. It is a $4000 prop. So....looks like making good AND GOING WAY ABOVE to address the problem.

Stuff was lost in a trailer that got sent to Rob Zombie place. He brought back to his place. Had someone send it to me. They sent it back to Rob Zombie instead thinking he wanted it there.

Think him putting Rob Zombie haunt together has him running around worse then me jumping on a tractor at night after crowds go home.

Got the controller today I ordered from Palenight of course....so now I will have a spare
                Wicked Farmer

Comment

Working...
                X