Actors cell phone ya or na

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors cell phone ya or na

have come to a problem. what does everyone do about actors having cell phones? we let them use them for texting problems and emergencies to our people in charge. but they are using them for other things. selfies videos texting other actors. What do all of you do handle this problem?
    Thanks
    In Darkness they hunt the living
    http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

I run a smaller haunt so I have 1 or 2 actors per section/floor with a cell phone for emergencies and problems. Everyone else is to lock their cell phones up.
    greyhousehaunts.com

Comment

NO YOU SHOULD NOT allow them to bring into their scenes. Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
        NO YOU SHOULD NOT allow them to bring into their scenes. Larry
        100% agree. In my opinion, for my smaller haunt, if I have an actor that can't live for a few hours without their phone, I need a better dedicated actor.
        Here's what we are doing. Everyone that acts for us, will have an emergency number they can give to their family etc in case of an emergency they can call our operator and will get through that way. In my opinion, we have to think about all the DANGERS and risks that could come from an immature actor having cell phones, with cameras, recorders etc, some with night vision etc. Whether it be from calling in a friend to hang with them in the scene(s), to doing other, possibly perverted acts with the equipment.

One year a few years ago. We had a few actors leave. They got a call to come to a party. Left the haunt, with costumes and props. They left 2 scenes actorless and we didn't catch it for at least half an hour. They were icon characters (doubles but still had important scenes to be completing)
        Due to that phone call, we lost $100's in gear etc, forcing us to scramble to get the two scenes taken care of.

Comment

No Phones

I run a HAUNT with high school students as my actors. They absolutely cannot have their phones in their scare areas. I have them leave them in the car, or we lock them up. Performing in a HAUNT is just like performing on stage for a play. I equate being on a phone in a HAUNT to answering your phone on stage during a play. No way. We have chaperones that follow every group as they go through the maze, so there's no need for "emergencies" etc. I think they're just a distraction, or they can get broken, or be inappropriately used.

Comment

Just FYI... our actors are NOT allowed to bring their cell phones to their scenes and if we catch them using their cell phone we will not have them work any longer. How can you be texting, snap chatting or whatever and scaring people. it just isn't possible.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I''m lucky enough to run a Haunt at an Amusement park. Our actors are considered part of our Ride Operations team and thus are not allowed to bring ANY electronic devices to their work positions. We maintain our own channel on the park radio system and have our MoD, Supervisor, and breakers on radio every night. Additionally there are 6 POTS phones set up throughout the attraction that our actors can use to contact us, or the Park Dispatcher about issues, so there should be no reason for our actors to have their phones as it is not like they are disconnected from leadership completely. Of course they still try to sneak phones by me and I had to hand out a few 3 day suspensions this season to prove a point.

In order to help combat this, I am having a bank of 16 lockers with padlock hasps installed for our 2016 team. Less than 500 dollars with a built in Coat (costume) rack, totally worth it. (Otherwise they need to store their stuff in the ride operator changing area on the opposite side of the park.)

Comment

Working...
              X