TransWorld and Midwest Seminars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld and Midwest Seminars

Would you like to speak at the TransWorld Halloween andAttractions Show or the Mid-West Haunters Convention? Do you have a topic or aspeaker you would like to hear? If so please sent your name, topics, description, background and the haunts you are associatedwith ASAP to : seminars@haashow.com
    Thanks!

Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

There has been a lot of things bounced around over the past year. To recap just a few that I've seen range from flow issues, online ticket sales, que line entertainment, what is or isn't too extreme for a haunt, and the common how to get started from scratch. Personally I'd like to see a seminar about vendors who to work with and who not to work with. I know a lot of vendors going to transworld have a bad track record of burning people but yet continue to exhibit. I don't know if that is a seminar but honestly there needs to be some communication avenue to helping eliminate either bad buyers or vendors. A seminar on this topic would or could be needed.

Comment

Very cool to involve people in the process. The haunts buy the seminars so they should decide the content. I think the biggest issue facing haunts is marketing in a digital World. Anything offered on this front would be helpful however I would prefer they be someone from marketing not someone trying to sell me something.

Comment

Best practices for semi-trailer haunted attractions. (construction, layout, legal and safety considerations, etc.)
        Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
        http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

I submitted several idea's for seminars ... here are a few I think might be good idea's.

1) Digital Marketing
          2) How to Utilize Your Haunt to Make Year Around Money
          3) How to Increase Thru Put while keeping the scare level
          4) How to Sell Up to 1 Million Dollars in Online Tickets
          5) Escape Game Design
          6) Zombie Laser Tag
          7) How to Create Digital Scares
          8) How to Create Youtube Content

What other ones do you guys think clearly some things are always the same old same old from Sponsorship, Social Media, Scaring People, Detail, to blah, blah.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

There needs to be more seminars dedicated to hiring, training and managing actors. There wasn't much of those options last year. Just an opinion.

Comment

Transworld seminars

I sent Jen an email with that exact topic. I have a class set up discussing "Management and Leadership"
              We will see if they pick it up
              Buck
              Capt.Chaos
              Fear Asylum Haunted House
              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Actors

I like the hiring, training and managing actors idea, along with maybe ideas/insight on how other attractions manage core actors, "extra" actors, crew, and insight on volunteers vs. paid, motivations for both, instilling commitment, etc.

I know some haunts that claim they are 100% volunteer and they have a large core of repeat actors every year who all seem very dedicated, but then there are a lot of people who would argue "if an owner is making all this money, they better be paying their actors". This was our first year open and we paid every actor because some of the owners felt there was no way to get dedicated people if we didn't. It would be great to get points of view from other industry folks who have seen successes and failures in both areas, and have some good insight on things to consider for different approaches, pros, cons, etc. Maybe a mediated "panel" kind of format might be good for something like this...
                -Eric
                Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
                HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up to make sure you sign up for my seminar because I can promise you I will help you make money. My seminar is going to be called how to sell a million dollars worth of tickets online... I am going to teach you HOW!

If you miss my seminar well what can I say but you are making a mistake! LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Actor training

I have also submitted at least 3 actor training/cast management classes!
                    Fingers crossed! Just completed my 19th season as management and this year worked with 100% volunteer haunt. Learned ALOT, would love to share!
                    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Who did you send them to?
                      Ben Armstrong
                      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                      www.Fearworld.com
                      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Re: Dr Speculo

Originally posted by Speculo View Post
                        Who did you send them to?
                        I inquired and sent them to Jen.
                        Do you want me to forward them to you as well?

Comment

Re: Speculo

I've emailed the emails to you

Comment

I expected to see Kelly Collins among the Escape Room speaker line-up. His 3-minute escape room operates in tandem with his attraction. You would think haunt owners might appreciate the additional revenue this could generate for their businesses. I would definitely like to hear his presentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey do NOT FORGET I'm going to make you a millionaire with my seminar. How to Sell a Million Dollars Worth of tickets online... I'm going to teach you!

Seriously.

Get your tickets at www.haashow.com

I hear thru the grapevine that my seminar is doing fantastic sales numbers despite the fact its a business related seminar. You do a seminar on scaring people out the door a business seminar no one shows up. Folks if you can't sell more tickets you can't buy cool stuff. Who has more cool stuff than me... I mean seriously WHO?

You need to sell more tickets and if you come to my seminar I will teach you how! I want to see a nearly SOLD OUT ROOM for a business seminar when people say it can't be done ... business first and scaring second. Join me and take your business to the next level!

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X