X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared man who sued over ‘haunted house’ loses in court

Scared man who sued over 'haunted house' loses in court
    SFGate
    If you visit a “haunted house” at Halloween time and come out the worse for wear, don't blame the spirits, or the owners. At least as long as whatever ...

Doug.
    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
    [Google+] [YouTube]
    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

No joke...

A couple years ago a lady peed her pants and was very upset. Demanded to see "manager". So I had to try to keep a straight face as she threatened to sue me for humiliation...all the while her friends were laughing hysterically telling her "you can't sue for that...OMG get real."

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Important news. Thanks for sharing!
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Sca...se-6657962.php

Yeah this is a HUGE WIN... thanks to the haunted house who decided to fight it out until the end. I was actually called on this case they wanted me to be an expert against the haunted house.

They told me the whole story about the event was over yet the chainsaw guy still attacked them blah, blah... I told them you don't have a case because you paid to be scared you got what you paid for. I've been called probably 5 or 6 times asking how much I would charge for a fee to testify against fellow haunts I tell them NO every time.

I'm so happy this went thru in favor of the haunt.

Congrats.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It's great they won, but we still need major Tort reform. When you see all the buses, billboards, radio, TV and phone book ads advertising Personal Injury lawyers, you know it has gotten waaaay out of hand. It's the new way to get rich, concoct some law suit-- any law suit, for any excuse. The P.I. lawyers get paid thousands of dollars sending the same threatening letter out to hundreds-- if not thousands-- of businesses (but representing different people with different exaggerated claims). And insurance companies generally pay it because they have to spend more to hire a lawyer to fight it (even if they feel certain they will win). But given the mentality of many of the those who serve on juries, one can never really be sure they will win.

Being that his case was in California, I'd say they were LUCKY. Sure, they were right to win, but I've lived in California and know plenty of people there who would have felt "Hey, he hurt his wrist! He paid to get scared, not fall down!" Many of them are so open minded, their brains fall out. I'm not saying that applies to everyone there, obviously, but there are more lawyers in the city of San Francisco than there are in the entire COUNTRY of Japan. (San Francisco is under 900 thousand, while Japan is over 127 million! Q.E.D.) Yet no candidate will even bring up the issue. Why? Because most all the law makers are lawyers.

It's gonna be a long winter...
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

This is so incredible of news. With people always making threats good to have some ammo. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
            X