Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Procedures

Hi all,

I am compiling a set of written emergency procedures (fire emergency, weather emergency, medical emergency, etc.)

The one area that I would like some input on, from those of you with experience dealing with troublemakers, is a procedure for dealing with disruptive/dangerous/unruly customers.

I know that some of you out-source your security (off-duty police officers, professional security) and some of you employ your own security personnel.

Can you recommend some good, blanket procedures for dealing with problem patrons? (e.g. warn of removal, keep under observation, instruct to leave attraction, summon police, etc.)

Thank you.

Dave
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

This is what I've come up with based on the limited advice I've found using Google:

Disruptive/Dangerous Customer Plan

If confronted with a disruptive, dangerous, or unruly customer:

Obviously drunk or drugged customers shall not be admitted into the attraction.

Staff members witnessing non-destructive, curious touching of props or scenery shall remain in character and remind the customer of the "no touching" policy.

Staff members witnessing kicking, punching, or other destructive treatment of props or scenery shall take note of identifying characteristics of the customer and the customer's group. While remaining in character, the staff member shall locate the Safety and Security Officer, or the Haunt Event Coordinator and identify the unruly customer for warning or ejection.

Staff members witnessing or experiencing accidental touching of staff members by a customer shall remain in character and firmly remind the customer of the "no touching" policy.

Staff members witnessing or experiencing intentional touching of staff members, even if done in a playful or joking manner shall remain in character and firmly remind the customer of the "no touching" policy. The staff member shall also take note of identifying characteristics of the customer and the customer's party, locate the Safety and Security Officer or the Haunt Event Coordinator and identify the unruly customer for monitoring.

Staff members witnessing or experiencing physical assault shall break character and loudly shout the signal phrase "RED RED RED" in order to alert and summon other staff members. All staff members hearing the signal phrase shall immediately break character and go to the aid of the assaulted staff member. Customers that commit physical assault shall be ejected from the attraction and possibly reported for arrest.

Does anyone have opinions on this list?

Comment

Thanks, mrfoos.

Great advice. That all makes a lot of sense.

Comment

I was going to chime in but looks like we have some really great advice that I'm going to use myself posted. Great job!

Comment

Working...
        X