Silicone Mask Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone Mask Paint

I have a full head and face silicone mask. It is four years old and the paint is starting to wear off. Does anyone know who can repaint it and how much it would cost? Or if I did it myself what kind of paint they use on them? I think the original mask maker will repair it, but not paint it. Merry Christmas everyone!

I think CFX will do it!

Comment

Thanks! I will check with them. If anybody knows what paint to use, I bet you can do it yourself with an airbrush.

Comment

You can paint them yourself using 100% silicone caulk thinned down to a paint consistency using Naphtha (or some other less toxic thinner. There are some out there that will work.) To get your colors you can just mix in artist oil colors to the silicone caulk mixture. Look on Youtube for some more detailed instructions, but that is the basic formula.
        The most important part is that it has to be 100% Silicone caulk.
        sigpic
        Louis Brown
        Owner, operator, and dish washer
        at
        DarkWood Manor

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
          You can paint them yourself using 100% silicone caulk thinned down to a paint consistency using Naphtha (or some other less toxic thinner. There are some out there that will work.) To get your colors you can just mix in artist oil colors to the silicone caulk mixture. Look on Youtube for some more detailed instructions, but that is the basic formula.
          The most important part is that it has to be 100% Silicone caulk.
          Thanks for the response!!!

Comment

Working...
          X