Padded room help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padded room help

Has anyone ever done a padded room before and if so can you throw some how-to ideas at me. Thanks.

I haven't done one, but I think strobes would look cool. And maybe a madman with an electric fence scare?
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Not sure here myself, but by the end of the season I should have a good look at a real one. If I do I will try to take mental notes for everyone for next year.
      http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
      Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
      When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
      If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Funny you should mention such a place. Just last night a woman coming through here said something here reminded her of a "Straight Jacket"!
        I looked at her and asked if she was personally experienced with such things?
        She is a wild woman, screaming scared then cursing , swearing, promising revenge, then laughing about it all. To my surprise at the end of the tour she admitted that she has been here about six times!? She was mostly acting like a newbie, scared to death!?
        She was a lot of fun!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I did this a couple years ago but only created a mini one - I got bored making pads!

Use MDF cut to 18" squares with 2" thick foam and cheap white vinyl fabric stapled at back to create the pads. (vinyl can be covered with bloods as well) ;-) Measure the wall so that ideally these fit before hand. I actually glued mine in place on panels.

Cheap clinical style bathroom lighting (from Ikea or similar) fitted with bright flicker bulbs on over head fitting. Can be without flicker bulbs but I like it a bit old and dysfunctional. Could also use flourescents. Ideally buy special paint for bulbs and add a touch of green so light looks sinister.

Floor should also be white or stainless steel- use linoleum rolls to look like tiles. Ceiling white of course. With camera in corner (can be dummy camera)

Heavy looking door - spray silvery colour and add lots of bits of metal with square cut window at top. Use re-inforced glass (wire grid) for realism.

With the camera - you can give marks a preview of the room (DVD) prerecorded of something sinister (making them thinking it is live) and then reveal the actual room later after the event. Or swap it even?

Good luck - I would be interested in seeing other suggestions! Not the easiest of rooms to pull off.

X

Comment

Working...
          X