Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you divide your advertising budget?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you divide your advertising budget?

There are a lot of items that you may have in your advertising budget each year:

Radio
    TV
    Newspaper
    Billboards
    Flyers
    Ticket Giveaways
    Social media
    Movie theater ads
    Etc.

What percentage (not dollar value) of your advertising budget do you devote to each advertising method?
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Anyone have any input?

Comment

Well I will give you one for sure.... 0.00 for newspaper. I think you have to play it by ear for your market. Regardless on what you hear on this forum sometimes every market is different and what might a good ratio for one area may not be for another. Since our target range is heavily involved in social media you do need to really concentrate on that segment. How you do that is up to you and how well you utilize the free portion of social media as oppose to paying for it such as paid ads and other incentives. TV is mass but if not targeted correctly is a total waste of budget, radio today is not nearly what it once was but does that you mean you exclude it totally? I don't think so, not yet. Billboards if in the correct location can be very economical for the amount of impressions you receive, even though not all will be your audience. Hope this helps, but I doubt what everyone else does will really help you. You need to do your own research in your own area.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, NS Haunt.

Comment

Thanks, mrfoos!

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos
            Here's a rough breakdown of what we used in 2015:

We haven't tried radio. It's hard for myself to invest in that when I never personally listen to local stations. It would be like paying for Billboards I would never drive past.

We have done some advertising on Pandora radio, which is quite popular these days. It wasn't our best feedback but it did show up in the exit surveys.

I don't disagree with anything posted by mrfoos or NS haunt. All excellent points across the board. You do need to know your market to figure out what works best.

Happy Haunting!

Comment

We are going to invest more heavily in Pandora this year. I am curious to see what kind of return we get on that. I definitely think that is a much more captive audience anymore than traditional radio. I have a teenage daughter and I watch her habits very closely and Pandora is right up there for sure.

Comment

2015 was our first year. We found that the online advertising worked best for us. i did a basic search for haunted houses in Maryland (where we are located) through multiple search engines; Google, yahoo, Bing... ect. The top sites that came up we chose to work with. Hauntworld, haunted houses.com, ect. We paid for the online advertising and that is where we got 90% of our customers. The next two forms where Facebook,and roadside signs hung in key locations (4'x8'). Finally word of mouth. We live in a rural area 30 minutes south of DC. We have no competition within 30 miles. This year we hope to increase our online presence and roadside signage.

Good luck!

Jack Beckwith
                Twisted Fields Of Terror
                Www.twistedfieldsofterror.com

Comment

You are getting some really good information. We switched a large portion of our advertising dollars to electronic advertising, we hired Ifocus to target potential customers on their smart phones. They receive pop-up messages on their phone. We’re able to target by age, location and shopping habits. It’s very invasive, but it works. We trimmed $10,000 from our budget and replaced print and billboards with electronic advertising. Still did some tv and radio, but only half of previous years. Electronic targeted advertising is the wave of the future.

Kelly Collins
                  The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

Funny someone mentions newspapers because they wanted us to spend money inside a Halloween section and we said NOPE! We did mostly Radio and during the haunt show this year we plan on taking some seminars on digital marketing. It seems to us at least that digital marketing is the way to go moving forward. We did buy a banner from Hauntworld and that sent us a lot of traffic. Very happy with that decision. Next year we are going to focus more on digital and less on everything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X