trailer haunt sprinkler system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer haunt sprinkler system

Didn't know if anyone had something they had for sell? Or if someone knew of a company that sells these. Thanks. Damon Carson
    Damon Carson

Well seeing as to how the haunt industry is pretty much the only reason a trailer would need a sprinkler system, I doubt there is someone making them to sell.

Typically your fire marshal will need to see an engineers stamp / plans for the system that was done specifically for your trailers. I had an 8,000 sq ft building that needed sprinklers and it was going to cost me $31,000 for it. Heads every 10'. But I had a drop ceiling to get rid of as well and they had to tear a line in a street to get a water line big enough to get the pressures needed for a system, then patch the street too.

So I'd say it's going to be pretty expensive for you to do, even for a trailer system. I'm currently building a trailer haunt and though I am making provisions for it to add later, I am not currently putting one in. Not because of cutting corners, but merely because the layout we're going to have, no one's going to be more than like 25' from an exit. 3 extinguishers per trailer, an automatic alarm with linked detectors and a manual firewatch station. We'll be safe, but we may not be what a FM wants.

However, the town I plan on landing at has been pretty lenient. I mean, a cheap, small, NO NAME haunt was thrown in the fair grounds indoor building that was 15,000 sq ft or more and they didn't have any requirements to meet, lol. But again, doesn't mean that won't change next year. My best opinion if you're planning on doing a trailer haunt is just go and ask the marshal. Have a 'paperwork' for him to sign saying he's allowing you to do it and go from there. Though the city will be all for backing him, if he changes his mind, with or without your 'paperwork contract'.

Good luck.

Comment

what I was thinking afterwards

Something I'm new to. To a certain degree. I was think after posting this you may not be required to have one. But this one will not be where I'm from here in Missouri. So ordinances may be different there. I was asked to post this. Thanks for your input.
      Damon
      Last edited by damon carson; 02-06-2016, 10:02 PM.
      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
      X