Actor requirements / list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor requirements / list

Do any of you guys have a list of requirements for actors for the show? I mean, I've been using an old list from way back when, no watches, no phones, no piercings unless it's character improvement etc. Must alert if bathroom needs arise etc. I've always run smaller actor rosters so when we have an important character that MUST be in the show, we have to have ways around that actor getting taken care of if something comes up.

Question is, what, if any are some of your items on the 'list'. Just want to make sure I'm not missing an important one.

Instead of "alerting" for bathroom breaks, use relievers. They are costumed actors that go through your haunt, taking the place of actors in the house and allowing them bathroom breaks. The relievers do this all night. They just go from spot to spot relieving the actors. They also report back to let management know who is disappearing, taking too long, who is doing their scares correctly, etc. But in our case, we have cameras in every room and every actor is monitored throughout the night. This also ensures that they are not on their phone, messing around, etc. If our security sees it on the monitor, they go into the room, tap the actor on the shoulder, and they are fired right in the middle of the night. Your operation will be smooth sailing if you take a no nonsense approach and have cameras in place. But yes, have relievers.

Rich Gonci
    Brighton Asylum
    www.brightonasylum.com

Comment

Thanks. The only issue is we're trying to have it completely all 12v. May not happen though.
      I have plans to build with the provisions for adding cameras, in case we're able to in the end.

I absolutely have a no-nonsense clause going into every actor agreement. NO PHONEs, NO SMOKING, NO DRUGS of any kind, etc. I have some writings in the works already and this is strongly represented that we are NOT putting up with 'no nos'. Since we are so small, we are hoping to fill it with great people who during the interview process shows great potential. We are not letting anyone in that seems questionable... at all.

In fact, a friend / builder is suggesting that at the interview we ask to view their facebook page. A guy has already messaged us wanting to help out. On his facebook page he is in photos doing drugs, having guns loosely about with children around etc. In one post spoke about how he feels he got "too much time" for a crime he committed. Saved us a fee for background checking. He is currently now incarcerated for child endangerment, btw.

SO when this all happened, I was curiously thinking "Where is the line?" How far should we go to assure that we're hiring good people and not trash that's going to cause problems, fight with staff, bring drugs in etc. I mean, background checks only shows people who got caught, right? So what about the ones who haven't been caught yet? How do we screen for them? No, I'm not naive enough to think we can eliminate the possibility entirely. No, I don't want to go against people's rights etc. All someone has to do is say 'no', right? Then all we gotta do is say "no" and no worries. BUT, is this ethical?

So what say you guys? Is asking to view one's facebook profile, in order to assure the kind of person we're potentially wanting to hire, going too far? I mean, I know many people that have gotten fired for things they said / did on facebook. So why not look BEFORE they're working for you?

Comment

Working...
      X